Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My new machine is moaning a bit
My new machine is moaning a bit
I had a Remstar Pro for about 6 weeks as a loaner. It was great and practically silent. So I bought the same thing, but with fixed pressure and a heated hose (that is all that is different).

This one moans when it pushes air and the moan changes pitch when the air pressure changes due to breathing. It is not an awful sound, but very annoying, as the loaner didn't make any noise.

I have contacted the supplier, but anyone have any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My new machine is moaning a bit
Hi kally,
It's good that you contacted the supplier since it is new, so you can exchange it if you need to.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the air filter blown out which can happen with this machine, unlike S9 or A10 does not have filter cover
The machines uses two types of filters, washable grey filter and the throw away white fine filter (additional optional filter)

New machine comes with 2 years warranty, have it replaced and better still get an auto instead
Why auto, because only cost few dollars extra and you get two machines in one ... bargain
Post Reply Post Reply
Does it have a humidifier? My airsense did a similar thing and inside the place I insert the humidifier are two silicon gaskets. One or both of them were not seating correctly with the water module and doing exactly like you describe. I ran my finger around them to make sure they were seated fully in the main unit, put the water tank back in and no more noise. No idea if your system is constructed like this but you might check it out. It was air leaking out around one of these gaskets. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I took the humidifier off and it is definitely the machine making the noise. It whines up and down as I breathe. I mean it is not loud, but loud enough to annoy me.

I shall try a replacement, but if that doesn't work I will ask for another model. The one I tried in my test time of 6 weeks was a Resmed auto and it didn't make a sound. I think there is a $400 difference, but that would be worth it to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 04:43 PM)kally Wrote: I had a Remstar Pro for about 6 weeks as a loaner. It was great and practically silent. So I bought the same thing, but with fixed pressure and a heated hose (that is all that is different).

This one moans when it pushes air and the moan changes pitch when the air pressure changes due to breathing. It is not an awful sound, but very annoying, as the loaner didn't make any noise.

I have contacted the supplier, but anyone have any ideas?

Your supplier must have given you one of the ones I returned for the same reason. Oh-jeez Back in January 2011, I tried two of these machines and had the same experiences with each. I finally gave up and got the ResMed S9.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2015, 06:25 PM)kally Wrote: I took the humidifier off and it is definitely the machine making the noise. It whines up and down as I breathe. I mean it is not loud, but loud enough to annoy me.

I shall try a replacement, but if that doesn't work I will ask for another model. The one I tried in my test time of 6 weeks was a Resmed auto and it didn't make a sound. I think there is a $400 difference, but that would be worth it to me.

Mine makes the same noise, quiet, but different pitches with the different pressures on inhale and exhale. I put a towel under it, which seems to have made it a little less obtrusive.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a replacement demo model today and lordy lord it moans too. I am at the point where I don't want to be little miss fuss budget, but i do want to get the right machine.

The very first identical model loaner did not moan. That is what I am looking for.

If I change brands, which do you recommend as the world's quietest machine. I am at fixed pressure, but I would pay for the other type if it got me a great machine. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
My supplier changed my machine for a Resmed and I don't have any more moaning. Thank god.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2015, 12:01 PM)kally Wrote: My supplier changed my machine for a Resmed and I don't have any more moaning. Thank god.
Good news
Which ResMed machine (S9 or AirSesne 10) and what model
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,137 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
Gross AirSense 10 Moaning larry.a.williams 2 2,119 11-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: eplantz
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,248 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.