Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My ongoing (and frustrating) gripe -
My ongoing (and frustrating) gripe -
Hi All -

You might recall an earlier thread of mine wherein I discussed my inability to use Sleepyhead software with the ResMed S9 Autoset Escape. In brief, the card can't be read by my computer.

Since that thread, I have been going back and forth with my DME provider as they tell me they can read the card and are now wondering if I have a bad card reader on my new machine. Maybe I do.

I know, from folks here, that this particular machine's card cannot be read by Sleepyhead software. My DME provider told me that anytime I'd like they can pdf me my stats - and they have done that.

I'm totally frustrated. I'd like to monitor my own, personal, healthcare and not have to depend on machine providers to do that.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Richard

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My ongoing (and frustrating) gripe -
(05-12-2014, 01:13 PM)ImRichard Wrote: You might recall an earlier thread of mine wherein I discussed my inability to use Sleepyhead software with the ResMed S9 Autoset Escape.

For clarification, which machine do you have?

Is it a ResMed S9 AutoSet or a ResMed S9 Escape Auto?

The S9 AutoSet is a fully data-capable Auto-CPAP and SleepyHead or ResScan should work fine with it.

The S9 Escape Auto is not fully data-capable and SleepyHead isn't going to work properly with it, and ResScan can only see compliance data on it.

Either machine's SD card can be read by ResScan for simple compliance (usage) data - meaning how many hours you've used the machine each night. The data on the S9 AutoSet's SD card can also be read by ResScan to view the full data, but it won't read anything but compliance info on the S9 Escape Auto.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
A typical ResMed SD card is a 2GB class 2 SD card. There are compatibility issues among readers and card due to the newer SDHC cards.
Perhaps the issue is there. Why not buy a cheap multicard reader that plugs into a USB port?
I have found one of these works (and the version prior to this reader):
[Image: 21G7JNOQi%2BL._AA160_.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Will try that - thank you!

Thanks!
Richard

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 01:13 PM)ImRichard Wrote: I know, from folks here, that this particular machine's card cannot be read by Sleepyhead software. My DME provider told me that anytime I'd like they can pdf me my stats - and they have done that.
Depend on the model, there is no S9 Autoset Escape, either AutoSet or Escape Auto. Next to on/off button printed the model name

Just to recap what SS said
ResScan works with both AutoSet and Escape Auto but Escape Auto only report stats (therapy and compliance data) but no detailed data graphs. ResScan does not care about detailed data, just shows whats on the SD card

SleepyHead (SH) works with AutoSet but not with Escape Auto
SH care about detailed data, if detailed data is missing as the case with Escape Auto would shows no data

Post Reply Post Reply
Alas, you are correct. It is the model ResMed S9 Escape Auto. That is the problem.

Thanks!
Richard

Post Reply Post Reply
That is definitely the problem.
What did the report they gave you show? I'd ask them where the efficacy data is?
It will show the AHI but it won't be broken down into OA, CA, or Hypopneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would probably go to work convincing them to replace the machine with an S9 Autoset. If you are in a rental period and they won't replace it find another DME that will provide an Autoset. When you get it return the Escape.

If you are firm and demanding you can succede. If you paid for the machine and own it you may be in a more difficult situation, but you can still attempt to exchange the machine for an Autoset.

There are many threads here like yours, where people received a "brick", some are successful athors not so much. It depends on the time frame and your persistance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 03:59 PM)ImRichard Wrote: Alas, you are correct. It is the model ResMed S9 Escape Auto. That is the problem.

(05-13-2014, 11:49 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: That is definitely the problem.
What did the report they gave you show? I'd ask them where the efficacy data is?
Just as important (perhaps even more important), the S9 Escape Auto does not record LEAK data. You have no way of telling whether or not you're leaking like a sieve all night long. And a lot of adjustment problems and "optimize the therapy problems" boil down to correctly answering the question: Are the leaks under control?

The cynical part of me thinks that Resmed started marketing the dumbed down S9 Escape Auto well after the AutoSet was first introduced simply because DMEs started to complain that a small, but significant fraction of their new patients were demanding Auto PAPs with AHI data, but that the price of the S9 AutoSet was sufficiently high that the DME had no desire to set patients up with it.

As far as I'm concerned, the existence of the S9 Escape Auto is damming evidence that Resmed cares far more about making brick and mortar DMEs happy than it cares about providing all OSA patients with the kind of top notch therapy the S9 AutoSet delivers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2014, 12:09 AM)robysue Wrote:
(05-12-2014, 03:59 PM)ImRichard Wrote: Alas, you are correct. It is the model ResMed S9 Escape Auto. That is the problem.

(05-13-2014, 11:49 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: That is definitely the problem.
Just as important (perhaps even more important), the S9 Escape Auto does not record LEAK data. You have no way of telling whether or not you're leaking like a sieve all night long. And a lot of adjustment problems and "optimize the therapy problems" boil down to correctly answering the question: Are the leaks under control?

The cynical part of me thinks that Resmed started marketing the dumbed down S9 Escape Auto well after the AutoSet was first introduced simply because DMEs started to complain that a small, but significant fraction of their new patients were demanding Auto PAPs with AHI data, but that the price of the S9 AutoSet was sufficiently high that the DME had no desire to set patients up with it.

As far as I'm concerned, the existence of the S9 Escape Auto is damming evidence that Resmed cares far more about making brick and mortar DMEs happy than it cares about providing all OSA patients with the kind of top notch therapy the S9 AutoSet delivers.
I agree with your last two paragraphs Robysue.
I was renting an Elite for three months to show compliance so I would be able to have a machine given to me by our Australian Govt. I thought I was going to get an Elite, turns around they give me an Escape.
I said how am I supposed to read my AHI'S and leaks? You have good results now, you will be all right I was told, come back and see us in twelve months.
What good is that machine to anyone? What good is that information to anyone, especially if you have only been using for three months?
I am saving to buy my own machine so I can download my data on a regular basis.

I feel bad for you ImRichard and I hope you are in a position to update your machine to a more useful one than this lump of uselessness.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Ongoing issues with central apneas - seeking help with data analysis Tropicalhammock777 2 422 09-13-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Tropicalhammock777
  Frustrating new sleep patterns - the good and the bad rebean 2 624 09-09-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: brmage
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 513 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] New Member- Need advise on ongoing therapy hearsay73 6 1,257 07-15-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: hearsay73
Smile Unable settle ongoing AHI Variation low - high ICEMAN 26 4,058 06-28-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: JesseLee
  My ongoing issues - Night sweats and AFIB - SleepyHead chart attached MyronH 17 3,177 10-18-2017, 09:51 PM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.