Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My CPAP journey: an update
My CPAP journey: an update
I am on my second go round with CPAP. Tried an ASV machine for a while, that made me way worse. Now I am back on straight CPAP just to keep the OA's under control while I wait for my titration study on July 2nd...hurray!!!!!

It has been an interesting experience this time as I had a little more knowledge of what to expect, but also found myself impatient when exactly the same side effects from the machine occurred.

I bought a used ASV machine after encouragement from various quarters, unfortunately I am one of those folks where the high pressure of the ASV just stops me getting restful sleep. But it was worth a shot and do not regret the experience.

Then out of the blue I got a call for a titration study, maybe some CPAP fairy saw my plight and intervened in the process, who knows how this system works. Anyway, I am set for a titration, I am getting through the days as best I can, some are better than others, but at least I am closer to finding out what is actually happening when air pressure is pumped up my nose.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement, I will be successful yet, even if it kills me, no wait...:-)

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My CPAP journey: an update
Here a bit trivia for you
2nd of July is midpoint of a year, 182 days before and 182 days after (give and take 1 day)

Best of luck

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 10:09 PM)zonk Wrote: Here a bit trivia for you
2nd of July is midpoint of a year, 182 days before and 182 days after (give and take 1 day)

Best of luck

Sleep-well

so does this mean I am half way there...lol....

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 10:09 PM)zonk Wrote: Here a bit trivia for you

Best of luck

Sleep-well

That's why my parents chose that day to marry. They were married for 56 years and Dad passed away a few years ago only 3 days before their 57th.

Anyway, I hope your issue is easily resolved. Funny thing was, the night of my original study, it was clear that my main problem was low oxygen (slow heart). No surprise there. But, there was no indication that the restless leg syndrome was involved until the titration. That partially woke me up much of the night. So it could be something like that rather than something dire. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 272 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,283 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 580 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 623 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.