Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My sleep study result, would like to understand it better?
My sleep study result, would like to understand it better?
Hi 

Attached is my sleep study result, I want to understand the info in it better (what kind of apnea, the implications from it for therapy etc), the sleep dr. just said I have apnea and prescribed a Resmed Autosense A10 that I have been using. (Note I have been using it for almost a year and a half and trying to optimize it, will start a therapy thread separately). 

I would like to know what the study means and if the Autosense A10 is the right machine or if I should have got a bipap machine or something else. Dr. also started me off with pressure of 8-10 with epr of 2, that I have since changed to 8-12. 

Glad to research on the web too on my own, would like some guidance on which links are the best/most accurate etc. 

Thanks 

Shri

Attached Files
.pdf   Home sleep study Anonymized.pdf (Size: 750.54 KB / Downloads: 12)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My sleep study result, would like to understand it better?
It would look like the autoset you got should do fine. The centrals may be a problem if the increase. The only pap machine that treats the is an ASV.   

Almost every thing on site is driven by data provided by OSCAR. It is free on site download. You need an SD card in your machine while you sleep. Then start a therapy thread with the charts with what you have questions about. There are some extremely knowledgeable people on site that will help. 

See my signature for organizing charts in OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks staceyburke, was wondering if looking at the the oximetry data if I should get an oximeter that works with Oscar or if thats not needed in my case. I do have oscar and an SD Card and have been tracking that, and will start a thread re: therapy. This q was more then about understanding the report, both the ahi part and the oxygen levels part. in the optimizing therapy thread I see a lot re obstructive apnea and also central, not as much re hypopneas.

With therapy my ahi's are down below 1 almost every night, and 90% of the time below 0.5 (few CA, and once in a while RERA and hyopnea). how I feel though is quite variable, hence with start the therapy thread with the oscar charts. (trying to get a good example of days I feel awesome (rare), and days I feel crappy (more often), though all days are better than prior to using cpap.

S
Post Reply Post Reply
You O2 stats were fine and would be even better with the use of Cpap. So there is no need to monitor. However if you do want to it is of course fine. Devices go got 100 to 300. I own one that works well for 100.

Your therapy seems to be working but posting OSCAR might give you more insight.

One thing to look at is the flow limits chart. Many people that report low numbers but not feeling great have higher flow limits. They are not reported in the AHI.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sleep study results were near 50-50 CA to OA. I commented on one of the other threads that Centrals will probably be an issue. Show OSCAR data then we can help. How you feel is variable, my guess is centrals are showing up in their consistently inconsistent way.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all will post Oscar data on a therapy thread (think the norm is user name therapy as the thread title).

and thanks to this board, it is really a life saver.

S
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 227 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,025 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.