Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My story and severe positional OSA ?
RE: My story and severe positional OSA ?
(12-09-2019, 02:10 PM)PotatoStealer Wrote: Another night, feeling pretty OK but got definitely more CA than usual on same settings. Was sleeping more than usual so that's a good thing!
Is it possible the machine sometimes mistake CA and OA? Looking at the data I can't tell that there is any difference.
Are there other variables that are not being recorded?

I'm planing on getting a Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto next weekend, always good with a bit less used machine and more settings.

But not significantly.  Central Apnea is typically consistently inconsistent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results continue to look very good, and you should not be concerned about a few events amounting to this low AHI. You should not expect zero events and there may not be a benefit to having fewer events. All of the previous symptoms of positional apnea and airway restriction have fully resolved. If these few event make you anxious, then try looking at your data once per week instead of daily. There is no need for changes here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all the helpful people here I think the new settings are working a lot better for me.
None really bad night so far!

I think if I don't have a really bad night things should start improving. Grogginess and daytime tiredness,
difficulties waking up throughout the night should clear up with some time.

But I definitely came with the wrong idea from the start, thinking it was a magical machine that would
fix all my issues over night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 12:38 PM)PotatoStealer Wrote: Thanks to all the helpful people here I think the new settings are working a lot better for me.
None really bad night so far!

I think if I don't have a really bad night things should start improving. Grogginess and daytime tiredness,
difficulties waking up throughout the night should clear up with some time.

But I definitely came with the wrong idea from the start, thinking it was a magical machine that would
fix all my issues over night.

It takes some time. I just got my settings right thanks to this forum a few weeks back and the next day after a good night is amazing! No more being anxious as soon as I open my eyes and barely able to roll out of bed at the same time let alone function at work. I walk into work with a lot more pep in my step, awake and more alert than I’ve been in years. 

I’ve probably had this for my entire adult life and then some so it’ll be a little while longer till I feel great everyday all day but it’ll come. I still get tired around 4 or 5 on my good days but most of the time I chalk that up to being exhausted from work
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like I had some flow limit issues last night, might have tried sleeping on my back since I forgot to put on my t-shirt with tennis balls.
Pressure almost maxed out at 15, I don't remember waking up because of it.

No difference in how I feel overall, did sleep a bit more than usual.

Will try going up to EPR 3 just to see if my CA will remain at a good level and how I feel with that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got a used Aircurve 10 VAuto and I'm starting to get some really good result with it.
Some leaking but nothing too bad, I had to change to a new mask, F20. My old FP Simplus made some horrible whistling sounds and blew air in my eyes when hooked up to the new machine.

Feeling a lot better in general and started being able to exercise again!

The only concern I really have is with the I:E ratio.
Med  Ins. Time = 1.16
Med  Exp. Time = 2.76

So around 1:2.3 , A big difference from my old S9 machine where the ratio was closer to 1:1

What is a normal ratio supposed to be like? Is this something I might look into, or is it just fine?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That is normal, don't worry. The PR machines are known to be often wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
PotatoStealer, that chart looks like perfection. You have eliminated any positional issues, and pressure just cruises along near your minimum pressure all night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chronic's Story chronic 19 781 04-16-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 110 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 92 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 507 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 629,526 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 758 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Symptoms] Could These OSA Clusters Be Positional? Kaluni 0 122 03-18-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Kaluni

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.