Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask change [need advice]
Mask change [need advice]
Have been using ResMed Mirage Soft Gel mask for the past 10 years.  Am finding it difficult to get the cushion as the mask is no longer being manufactured.  The rest of the machine and humidifier are working well [knock, knock].

I have the following questions:  
1. Has anyone changed masks from the Mirage Soft Gel to another ResMed appliance?  If so, which one?
2. Has anyone gone from a large appliance to just a nasal appliance?  If so, how did it work out?  If it did not work out, why didn't it?

Thanks for any and all advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask change [need advice]
An update for anyone interested.

Initial problem is that ResMed doesn't make Mirage SoftGel masks anymore.  Can't find them anywhere.  Wanted to know about replacement masks.

Received a PM from OldPuffer.  Told me about a different ResMed mask: Activa LT Nasal Cushion - Medium - 60177 by ResMed

Bought 1 immediately after his PM.  Been using it for the past couple of weeks. His advice was spot on.

New fit with Activa LT is softer than I had with Mirage SoftGel.  More importantly, have not had to readjust the mask once I put it on for the night.

Feels so good that I just ordered 2 more as replacements.

Again, thanks to you, OldPuffer for your advice.

Hope this helps others with the same problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,783 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.