Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My thoughts on my new mask. Circadiance Sleep Weaver Advanced
My thoughts on my new mask. Circadiance Sleep Weaver Advanced
I was having an issue with an itching that was happening every time I put on my P10 nasal pillows. It was keeping me up, and I tried everything to try to get it to stop. Finally I called my DME and after extensive research decided to try the cloth mask, knowing I could send it back if it did not work for me. In the past I had worn one, the original cloth one, and I liked it, but had a problem with leaking.

Well, after 2 nights, I can say, I think this one is a keeper. My AHI is 0 for both nights. Last night was:

MED: 0.00
95% 8.40
MAX 12.00
AHI 0.00

I noticed right away that the mask was not leaking, the adjustments were pretty easy, and the mask is very comfortable, a little more than what I want on my face, but the trade off is comfort.

With the P10 my leaks were very good as well and my AHI has been running very low most nights, in the 0.????? range, highest was 1.4.

I will continue to wear it and see how this goes and let you all know. I bought the size small ADVANCED mask, you have to measure the nairs to make sure it will fit you, and if you don't measure into that distance, you must order the next size, which they say fits most people.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My thoughts on my new mask. Circadiance Sleep Weaver Advanced
Hi Marnid2014,
It's great to hear that you found a mask that you really like.
I hope it keeps working well for you, it will be interesting to see how well you do as time goes on.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Cloth mask, update
I wanted to write an update on the Sleep Weaver Advanced cloth mask. So far so good. I am actually shocked how low the leakage rate is. Less than 3 for 95% of the night, which is unheard of for me. I was getting around 12 with the P10. Loved it, but it made my nose itch so badly I couldn't sleep. As far as AHI, I am extremely low, at about 0.2 for 8 hours of sleep, which is great and a few nights at 0

The only thing I don't like about it is that it's more 'stuff" on my face which I don't like, the P10 is superior there, but oh, well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess. At least if you sleep on your side, it's perfect in so far as adapting to the pillow, it stays inflated, no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marnid, I combined your threads since they were discussing the same mask. This way we can keep up with your progress within the same thread.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the original, the advanced, the Élan, and the anew.
My favorite is the élan. Unfortunately when I got my ASV machine it often used more than 20 CM.
The sleep weavers did not like that on my face. I have tamed the pressure and I am considering trying the élan again.
Good luck with yours and enjoy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2014, 09:23 PM)bwexler Wrote: I have used the original, the advanced, the Élan, and the anew.
My favorite is the élan. Unfortunately when I got my ASV machine it often used more than 20 CM.
The sleep weavers did not like that on my face. I have tamed the pressure and I am considering trying the élan again.
Good luck with yours and enjoy.

Agreed, with a lot of pressure, I don't believe it would work. I am only on 6. When they mis-diagnosed my Apnea they had me on 17 and the original Sleep Weaver mask blew off my face, so I had to change it to a full face, but then found out that I did not need that much pressure, they titrated me on my back and I never sleep on my back. My REAL pressure is 6. The mask works great.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 982 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 253 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,703 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 846 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 610 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.