Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir Data
RE: MyAir Data
I finally figured out the problem, and then shortly thereafter it was confirmed when I got the email response to my query from the myAir tech support team. I apparently signed up for a ResMed account at resmed.com/myair, which is what the machine's on-screen menu directs me to do.

Instead I needed to go to myair.resmed.com and create a myAir account. Now that I've done that I see there's a dashboard that's the user interface. It reports no data yet, so we shall see ...
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got data today for the first time. Kinda weird how it unfolded, though. Last night I spent 15 minutes trying to fall asleep, gave up and spent a couple hours reading and watching TV before going back to bed. When I woke up my machine reported 8 hours of use with a AHI of 1.0. Checked myAir and it said I used the machine for only 15 minutes! Later, though, I checked again and it's working right. Scored a 99 out of 100, losing a point for having gotten out of bed one time.

I can see how this information would be helpful to some people. It fills a gap between those who have no interest in ever checking their data and those of us who want to see all the detail possible. I can see how the idea of not having to worry about downloading the data would be nice for some people. It displays nicely on my phone, too.

Here's a breakdown of the 100 point scoring scale:
70 points for usage hours
20 points for mask seal
5 points for events per hour
5 points for mask on/off

I'm not sure how the score is arrived at. For example, sleeping for 8 hours gave me a usage score of 70 out of 70. SleepyHead reports no major mask leaks, consistent with mask leak score of 20 out of 20. Having 1 event per hour (AHI of 1) gave me a score of 5 out of 5, but having the two sessions I described above gave me a mask on/off score of 4 out of 5.

If all I had access to is this data, I'd know things are working well. If, though, the myAir data indicated something might be wrong, then I'd need to go to SleepyHead or ResScan for a closer look.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2016, 01:09 PM)rem52 Wrote: Good luck working with ResMed - maybe you can get your DME to help (insert maniacal laugh here) - sorry DMEs are not well regarded around here.

I love the comment on DMEs. If I hadn't discovered this site and used my DME as a resource I'd still have a "brick" CPAP (one that doesn't record data) and be enduring the pain of jamming nasal pillows onto my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir was helpful when I finally got a decent CPAP machine. As you stated it gives us the basics. I learned what size leak they deem acceptable. It also gave me my first look at AHI data when I figured out what was meant by "events per hour".

But Sleepyhead really took it to the next level and let me see what the AHI was comprised of and when the events were occurring. After 6 weeks of looking at that data I'm starting to understand what's really happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two nights in a row of accurate myAir data reporting. Matches what I see in SleepyHead precisely.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2016, 05:46 PM)T.Hud Wrote: MyAir was helpful when I finally got a decent CPAP machine. As you stated it gives us the basics. I learned what size leak they deem acceptable. It also gave me my first look at AHI data when I figured out what was meant by "events per hour".

But Sleepyhead really took it to the next level and let me see what the AHI was comprised of and when the events were occurring. After 6 weeks of looking at that data I'm starting to understand what's really happening.

Interesting, MyAir only shows me aggregate data, nothing specific.

When I turn off the machine, for about 30 seconds it says things like, how much time I've used it and what my AHI's were for that useage. When MyAir gets ahold of the data, it seems to not match anything that I see...

But then again, the data being reported is from Noon (today) - until Noon (tomorrow)

I'm trying to use SleepyHead software, but it won't show me AHI's or anything else. All I can see is the pressure (fixed 18) and start / stop times of use along with relative duration.

I'd love to have SleepyHead tell me about my AHI's as I get about 4 hr's sleep at a whack and that's it. Then I'm up for anywhere between 0.25 Hr - 2 Hr then it's back to bed.

SleepyHead reports my machine as being a "BRICK! Sad )

My machine type is an resmed AS 10 [CPAP (37015)] Can anyone tell me how to view my AHI's using SleepyHead?

TIA

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2016, 03:29 PM)icyura10 Wrote: I'd love to have SleepyHead tell me about my AHI's as I get about 4 hr's sleep at a whack and that's it. Then I'm up for anywhere between 0.25 Hr - 2 Hr then it's back to bed.

You would need to upgrade to at least the AirSense 10 Elite. Your machine is not capable of reporting AHI.

During those mid-night awakenings try reading with as little light as is comfortable. That should put your back to sleep quicker than anything else. My secret weapon for times like that is Trazodone.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2016, 05:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 03:29 PM)icyura10 Wrote: I'd love to have SleepyHead tell me about my AHI's as I get about 4 hr's sleep at a whack and that's it. Then I'm up for anywhere between 0.25 Hr - 2 Hr then it's back to bed.

You would need to upgrade to at least the AirSense 10 Elite. Your machine is not capable of reporting AHI.

During those mid-night awakenings try reading with as little light as is comfortable. That should put your back to sleep quicker than anything else. My secret weapon for times like that is Trazodone.

Sleepster,

Thank you for the idea about reading... of course, I only read things from an electronc device... and we know how much light they insist on putting out at a minimum so we can read,,, Shy

When I use the ResScan software, it shows AHI's .... I'm certainly not attempting to argue, here's a screen shot...

[attachment=2475]

Yeah, I know, I blow through the leak limits every day... And I'm working on trying to fix my sleep pattern (It's kinda like a Fractured Fariytale)

As always,

TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2016, 07:19 AM)icyura10 Wrote: When I use the ResScan software, it shows AHI's ....

Well then, I'm not sure what's going on. SleepyHead reports that you have a brick, but ResScan is reporting AHI data. And I don't really understand what you said about what you're seeing in myAir. Is it showing you a AHI that doesn't match what you're seeing in ResScan.

On the front of your machine, near the lower right hand corner, you see either "AirSense 10 CPAP" or "AirSense 10 Elite"?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Third night's data, again myAir and SH reports match precisely.

Interstingly enough, my myAir score is a perfect 100 compared to 99 the first two nights. The reason is because I had only one session (one mask on/off) instead of two. But the AHI is 2.6 instead of the less than 1.0 I had the first two nights! Dont-know
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 69 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 182 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 158 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 286 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,020 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 660 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.