Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir Scores
MyAir Scores
(09-02-2015, 04:30 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 06:54 AM)Krull Wrote: Last night, I thought to myself "this is my last night of sleeping like a normal person".

"Normal people" sleep doesn't involve choking themselves many times every hour all night long. You haven't been sleeping like a "normal person" for a long time now.

You're exactly right, thank you for saying that. I didn't respond yesterday as night before last (my first night) was very rough, woke up many times, and finally took the mask off at 4am. Things seemed tough yesterday, so much so that last night, I was dreading going to bed.

However, I did, and although I woke up a number of times and had some leaks, I was able to keep the mask on the entire night. My online ResMed dashboard said I wore the mask 6.49 hours, and my overall score was 76.

That gives me hope that I will find success over time, like many of you have. Thank you all for being here!

[Moderator Note: I split this discussion from the Success Stories thread. We try to reserve that thread for success stories although they often spawn these nice discussions that we split off. Sleepster]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
(09-04-2015, 06:24 AM)Krull Wrote: night before last (my first night) was very rough, woke up many times, and finally took the mask off at 4am. Things seemed tough yesterday, so much so that last night, I was dreading going to bed.

However, I did, and although I woke up a number of times and had some leaks, I was able to keep the mask on the entire night. My online ResMed dashboard said I wore the mask 6.49 hours, and my overall score was 76.

That gives me hope that I will find success over time, like many of you have. Thank you all for being here!

Your AHI was nice and low, too. You can get used to sleeping with a mask on, and if you persevere you will. My younger brother used to hitch hike all over Canada when he was young and he told me "after the second night, you can sleep on a picket fence". I've never actually tested that, though. But you get the idea.

You really aren't all that far from getting your "MyAir" scores up over 90%.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! How accurate is that score if my leak score was a zero?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 06:14 PM)Krull Wrote: Thanks! How accurate is that score if my leak score was a zero?

As long as your machine is giving you a smiley face on the leak display it should be accurate. "MyAir" score is a bit rough and ready but it will give you a decent idea of where you are at.

Your profile is showing no machine, but you obviously now have a ResMed device. Please update your profile to show the exact model of ResMed machine you have. If you have an autoset machine you can get much better and more detailed data using "SleepyHead". With sleep apnea, detailed data is your best friend.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
The MyAir score is just a way of motivating people who need motivation and focus to work on the important measures of their therapy. With a little extra knowledge, like you get on this forum, you also know that a very bad leak score makes the AHI score suspect but that doesn't change the point of the score. With a zero score on leaks both the knowledgeable and less knowledgeable will know to work on the leaks. When the leaks improve the AHI will get the focus. I think MyAir is a good utility for the audience for which it was designed.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 07:31 PM)MobileBasset Wrote: I think MyAir is a good utility for the audience for which it was designed.

I agree. It is fine for what it does and I still check it most every day. Lately I've been getting 99% and only my inability to sleep for 7 hours without getting up to "go" is what's holding me from 100%.

But what matters most in the end is how I feel.

And of course first thing each morning I check SleepyHead which tells me a lot more than a simple percentage score.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] MyAir Scores
MyAir point scoring system worry me, can mislead people into thinking, its all about the score
Oh, only if it were so simple

Actually, they didn't invent the wheels, you can get all the data from machine sleep report and detailed information from SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
You obviously have a ResMed machine so, in addition to the Sleepyhead software, you can also download the ResScan software also available on this forum. I use both. While I too find MyAir has a limited purpose some people aren't interested in all the detail and like its basic simplicity. Nonetheless, if you are to manage, track, and understand your own therapy (and nobody is more motivated to do so than you), then you will find the data available on the recommended free software very very useful for this purpose. Good luck with your therapy!
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 08:48 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: Lately I've been getting 99% and only my inability to sleep for 7 hours without getting up to "go" is what's holding me from 100%.

Of course immediately I posted that, the next night I had to get up twice and last night three times, so I'm getting a "lousy" 96 Dont-know.

Teach me not to boast...
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ResMed software up and running but have not been able to get Sleepyhead to read the data off the SD. It always says "no data found". I have the AirSense10.

Any suggestions?

Also, having good results of 95-100. Have to take off my mask from time to time to scratch my nose....lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 505 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 576 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,451 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,743 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.