Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir accuracy?
RE: MyAir accuracy?
(05-11-2016, 01:50 PM)sonicboom Wrote: There are different display options for the A10. Additionally, MyAir may be reporting a different percentile for its leak rate - I'm not sure it's reporting the 95% leak rate. It maybe 90 or even 70.

So I spent a teency bit of time looking at my data, comparing with the sleepyhead data.

myAir seems to be doing some sort of long term average or median, or something like that - Only a very horrible sleep will show up as horrible in myAir. The only nights that myAir shows an extreme leak rate were nights where I was over-threshold for much of the night. If you have intermittent, relatively short (less than a few minutes), over-threshold leaks it doesn't seem to show up in myAir. Continuous, low-level leaks do show up. For me this is somewhat useless as I tend to have a good seal, unless I don't, then I really don't - which is what I personally am trying to eliminate.

By contrast, the machine (AutoSet10 set to daily) seems to be doing something like 'worst 95% percentile'. I.E. throw the worst 5% of data away, then report the next. Or maybe the average of meaningful leaks. Or something like that. If I have any meaningful leaks that last any length of time at all, the machine will report it and the number will seem to be artificially high. I've had nights that the machine reported at 10-12 or so, and myAir said 1 or 2. So, it seems to give you a good idea of the severity of the leaks you're having, but it for me doesn't seem to give you an idea of how many of them I had.

I personally like the data from sleepyhead the best. I can *see* what is going on over time, and see if it matches my memory of the night. (I.E. never really got a good seal all night, but it wasn't that high level, VS repeated mask shifts and high level leaks). This is a lot more useful to me than some averaged number which I can only guess what it represents.

Take this for what it's worth - I don't have enough nights experience to be able to completely understand the numbers. I do agree with others that the data is accurate from all of the sources - it just seems that the statistical methods applied to come up with the numbers is extremely different.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since I also run the ResScan software I checked it against MyAir. I believe MyAir reports the median leak rate. Therefore, it will always be much lower than the 95% leak rate you see on SH. But, it should be very close to the median as reported on SH. I forgot to double back and check that.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
It is my suspicion that ResMed's MyAir is more of a motivational engagement gimmick than an accurate diagnostic tool. Their other version for the DMEs and Physicians appear geared more to compliance and altering settings than providing diagnostic-level information. My physician loads my SD card data into ResScan to take a closer look at the data. My biggest complaint is that I am penalized for peeing -- lowering my score for a mask-off event. Just saying.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I use MyAir to check my data?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to create an account on the MyAir web site and enter your machine serial number.
The machine sends the data about an hour after you last use it - leave it plugged in with power on though.
Then you can get the attaboy emails and you can log in to your account to see the data
Post Reply Post Reply
However, I'm not getting perfect scores very often because my sleep/therapy time is usually under 7 hours and I often have a "mask off" bathroom break sometime during the night.

Pee faster!! I have found I can take the mask off and run across the room to turn off the lights then back to put the mask on without a 'penalty'. Sorry - I don't know how much time it gives you before it calls a foul.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 631 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 465 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,649 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 490 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,094 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,816 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Question about OSCAR accuracy during high leak periods raptosnorus 13 967 06-26-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: raptosnorus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.