Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir and modem in Resmed
MyAir and modem in Resmed
Just picked up my new Aircurve 10 VAUTO.  DME did not input any cell phone number for (DME/RESMED) so modem has no number to call.  So that means people could disable modem by deleting phone numbers installed in machine. May require factory reset (and erases all data) so only do so if you have data downloaded somewhere.  Also start new SD card because old settings will be rewritten to machine internal memory if you insert old SD card after factory reset.

DME also said they never look at data transmitted by phone after compliance period unless patient calls or comes in with complaint.  Few doctors in my area are checking MyAir for compliance.  They are using SD cards only.
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MyAir and modem in Resmed
The modem on the Resmed machines doesn't use phone lines. It's transmitted to a cell tower.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla is correct. You should not need to have to do anything to allow the machine to transmit the data to your DME. It will go through cell towers wherever you may be. Even overseas.
Post Reply Post Reply
But it goes from cell tower to a designated recipient number. If your machine doesn't have that info, what is cell tower gonna do with it?

DME has to enter info on your machine at time of setup for the data to go somewhere (example, DME, sleep doc, MyAir). So without that setup, data won't be transmitted. This information is almost always entered at setup time. My DME did not enter as he knew I didn't want data transmitted and I am no longer on compliance check.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2018, 01:53 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: The modem on the Resmed machines doesn't use phone lines. It's transmitted to a cell tower.

A cell phone number must be specified.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe it's an IP address, not a designated phone.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, IP address.  If not entered into machine memory at setup, it has no IP address to transmit to.  Thus, factory reset would wipe out the IP address.

No IP address, no transmission.

So if you don't want to constantly deal with Airplane mode or want to physically remove modem from machine, there is another option.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not an IP address; it's not on the Innertubes. It's an IMSI, I believe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here, I see that pholynyk answered a similar question a while back. (But IMEI is older and less general than IMSI.)

The only things that will prevent the modem from calling the nearest cell site and ratting you out are to hardwarily disable it or to put the A10 in Airplane Mode.

Edited to add: Or a Faraday cage, of course.
Post Reply Post Reply
OBTW, here's another good point from a long-ago discussion:

(02-28-2016, 07:16 PM)Allan Carey Wrote: When it comes out of Airplane mode, it will report all accumulated data to resmed.  So it is not turned off permanently, and the S10 defaults to NOT being in airplane mode, so you have to treat it carefully.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 88 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,253 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,991 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 307 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 600 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 402 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 639 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.