Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to read Oscar and other issues
How to read Oscar and other issues
Many thanks to all that have helped in the past Thanks

70 year old with a lot of issues. Heart, GI issues, reflux, bloating and gas etc etc. Now have depression and anxiety due to health issues and other problems............but life goes on!!!!!!!!!!!

I have lost 70 lbs over the last 20 years 35 in the last 2 and am 5'8" around 170 so still a little overweight.

I don't know how to read Oscar well I only remember that the AHI should be under 4 or 5 if possible.

I recently have had a lot of gas etc after having a NIssen fundoplication for acid reflux last year and am wondering if C-pap is part of my issue. As a test I slept without it last night and gas and bloating were 70% reduced. Dr. has me scheduled for a new sleep test in April due to bradycardia (slow heart rate) which I have always had but he wants to check.

I could use some help understanding Oscar and wonder what you think of my readings and machine settings

These are the last 6 months averaged:

AHI 1.015
OA.17
HYP .15
UNCLASSIFIED APENA .0033
95% FLOW  .128
RERA  .043
CA  .69

MACHINE SETTINGS

MAX PRESSURE 15
MIN 5
APAP
EPR LEVEL 3
EPR FULL TIME
EPAP 4

ANY COMMENTS? CAN i REDUCE MACHINE SETTING TO HELP WITH GAS AND BLOATING? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to read Oscar and other issues
You are using a minimum pressure of 5.0 and maximum 15.0 with EPR at 3, so your minimum pressure is too low for that EPR and should be 7.0 to result in a starting pressure of 7.0/4.0 (inhale/exhale). The real unanswered question is what are the actual median and 95% pressure being delivered by your machine and why. Post a chart and I'll help you understand.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider thank you.

That's what I need help with. Can you tell me how to post an Ocsar charts. Do you want daily view, overview or statistics??
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2023, 09:28 PM)Eddie702 Wrote: Sleeprider thank you.

That's what I need help with. Can you tell me how to post an Ocsar charts. Do you want daily view, overview or statistics??

See his signature for the links to the guides you need.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
                        Please see attached ...update

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if I added the attachements in the last post correctly ......old guy computer challenged Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Eddie, next time it will help if you just post a screenshot of the daily details, rather than a printed report. It has a lot more useful information. You are currently using settings of 5.0 minimum, 15.0 maximum and EPR full-time at 3. Your minimum pressure is too low, and I'm going to suggest you increase the minimum pressure to 8.0 and decrease the maximum pressure to 13. 0 You could really use more difference between inhale and exhale pressure, or "pressure support" aka EPR,but that would require a bilevel machine like the Aircurve 10 Vauto.

We will know more from a Daily Details screenshot, which is the view you see, then take a screenshot by pressing F12. Screenshots are stored in the Oscar directory at Documents/Oscar Data/Screenshots. You have some persistent flow limitations that cause your pressure to increase and is usually a source of arousal and sleep disruption because it means you have a lot of upper airway flow resistance. At this point your AHI event rate is low and mostly CA events. Those probably arise from sleep disruption or changing position at night. The suggestion to adjust your pressure will hopefully stabilize your therapy environment, and we will keep working to make things more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 47 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.