Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir second night results finally in. Help w/results?
MyAir second night results finally in. Help w/results?
(It has been suggested I install OSCAR.  I will be looking into this).

Right now, I have MyAir.

So I am a little confused.  The first night I had 9.5 episodes per hour vs the second night I had 13.7 episodes per hour.  (Without machine I had over 48 AHI? and no breathing length of usually 60 seconds).

Mask off number is less the second night versus the first night.

So, why would my score be better the second night versus the first night when apparently I had double the number of episodes the second night?  Why did I have fewer episodes the first night and more episodes the second night?  The report said I had over 58 mask issues the first night and only 7 the second night?

The dr. and Apria say it will takes weeks to months to acclimate.  So, when they say this does this mean I will feel less exhausted?  Because right now, with the machine I still feel so tired.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MyAir second night results finally in. Help w/results?
It matters, what kind of events occur, and their pattern with regard to time, pressure and other factors. Please understand you are using a wide range of pressure of 6 to 15 cm. This suggests that your doctor is guessing at what you need. With OSCAR we don't need to guess. We can tell if your events are obstructive apnea, hypopnea, or central apnea. We can tell at what pressure the events occur and whether they are clustered together. All of this information is critical to understanding how to improve your results. In addition, we will learn if you are experiencing flow limitations from a restricted upper airway; something your doctor won't even discuss, but that can be a major source of respiratory event related arousals and fatigue. There is a whole universe of your therapy that you are unaware of, and your doctor will not discuss, and knowing the answers can make the difference between success or failure.

We can help you to shorten the time it takes to acclimate and optimize your results. A shortcut to success is worth a bit of work, don't you think?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MyAir second night results finally in. Help w/results?
Plmnb,
In addition to what SleepRider is saying, there will come a time when you will be much more knowledgeable than your doctor.  What I’ve and others realized after awhile is that sleep docs only look at the total AHI number.  They don’t get into much else.  The problem with that approach is that most new folk have issues with masks, pressure settings, humidity, Flow Limitations and Rera’s, which don’t count into the AHI total, but can disrupt and affect your sleep, so then you feel no better off than before your started therapy.

Your doctor isn’t going to get into all the other stuff that affects our sleep.  We’re not doctors and don’t try to diagnose in any way, but our collective knowledge and mostly experience of what we’ve all been through is what we use to help you and others.  

I know it can feel overwhelming, but the only way we can even begin to advise and help is to see some data.  Take one step at a time.  First, download OSCAR.  Follow the directions given or just ask us for help.  OSCAR software will show you much more than MyAir.  It is a powerful feeling to see some of the information and see what goes on with your breathing while you sleep.  If you really want this to work this time, there’s no shortcut.  

Again, I know we’d all like to just trust and believe that our sleep docs will help us, but for most of us, that just isn’t so.  

There are links below in my and other’s signature lines that will guide you.  

One more thing...be sure there is an SD card in your machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 184 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 159 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Will Not Import Last Night's Results Trevor G 1 247 02-08-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Oscar Seems To Be Missing Some Results amarx 3 569 08-31-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 660 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn
  Differences in the Wellue O2 Ring App Data Results and Oscar Data Results on the same mikep118 3 659 01-09-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: purplebear
  Strange OSCAR 1.4.0 results jeffg 1 460 11-14-2022, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.