Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir v sleepyhead
MyAir v sleepyhead
Hi.  Three weeks into therapy and all is well.  Switched one week ago to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  Two nights the ResMed program said I had 0.5 Ahi that night but today when uploading data to sleepyhead the reading there was 0.  Why would there be a difference?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MyAir v sleepyhead
Samelia,
May be that SleepyHead is just rounding the numbers.  Dont-know

With an AHI of 0.0 or .5, you are doing well. More importantly is how you feel.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This what My air was for last night...still working on getting a laptop for sleepyhead software install

6:44 usage hours
Good mask seal
1.3 events per hour
3 mask on/off
Total myAir score
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers look good. but How do you feel?
That is really the more important issue for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sleep changes from night to night based on what is happening in or to you.
Did you exercise really hard before bed? Earlier during the day?
Any new medications? Are there meds you take only intermittently, like for an asthma flare?
Alcohol consumption? Other recreational drug use?
Change in stress levels?
Other medical conditions which vary?
Types of food eaten - carbohydrate levels may fluctuate, spices may upset the stomach.
And so on.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2017, 09:36 PM)Samelia Wrote: Hi.  Three weeks into therapy and all is well.  Switched one week ago to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  Two nights the ResMed program said I had 0.5 Ahi that night but today when uploading data to sleepyhead the reading there was 0.  Why would there be a difference?
Thanks
what is the "events per hour" displayed on the top part of machine sleep report? this is your ahi for the previous day (noon to noon)
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel fine in answer to an earlier question.  It was just a curiosity question in the data from myAir showed an AHI of 0.5 but for the same period sleepyhead showed AHI of 0. I'm happy with the results just wondered if there was a reason that two programs that read the same data had differing results.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2017, 09:36 PM)Samelia Wrote: Hi.  Three weeks into therapy and all is well.  Switched one week ago to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  Two nights the ResMed program said I had 0.5 Ahi that night but today when uploading data to sleepyhead the reading there was 0.  Why would there be a difference?
Thanks

There shouldn't be a difference, so that indicates there's a setting wrong somewhere. In SleepyHead, go to File > Preferences > Events. Make sure Hypopnea, Obstructive, Unclassified Apnea and Clear Airway are all selected. Then click OK and see if there's any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 575 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,451 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,743 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed MyAir App chris94546 6 1,288 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.