Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mystery Awakenings With BiPap
RE: Mystery Awakenings With BiPap
Your links are incomplete and do not open the page where your images are located. Your results that are posted above show some CA events and while arousals are apparent in the spikes of flow rate, I can't see a connection to respiratory events. Flow limits are very low and obstructive apnea is well controlled. I think for starters, you should change your Trigger Sensitivity to high in settings. This will make the CA events less likely and may help keep you stimulated to breathe where we see some reduced effort or volume. Has bilevel and lower pressure relieved your aerophagia?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thanks for your response and attention to my issue.

1) Here are the links without the period. They work on my end. Let me know if you're still not able to access them.

A) Please see the full night graphs from the last few nights here: imgur.com/a/pO8P359

B) Please see a couple of zoomed-in charts around the time I first woke up here: imgur.com/a/IMSNCTg

2) I actually have experienced increased aerophagia on the Bipap, compared to the APAP. On the APAP, I had EPR set to 3, and I've moved to PS 4 on the BiPAP. The only thing I can think of is that the BiPAP 95% pressure is higher than it was on the APAP. 

Question

I will increase the Trigger Sensitivity to high. Could the central apneas be waking me up, or decreasing the quality of my sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Last night, I changed the trigger sensitivity from medium to high. I also replaced my N20 Airfit with a new one.

I slept poorly. I woke up multiple times with bad aerophagia; specifically a feeling of air bubbles in my esophagus. At 1:15, I reduced the EPAP by 0.4.

1) Please see the full night OSCAR report:

2) Zoomed in graph right before first major awaking. Note, pressure increased prior to awakening:

3)Zoomed in graph right before second major awaking. Note, pressure increased prior to awakening:

Per my previous post, every night I wake up around an increase in pressure. To me, this signifies that either the pressure is waking me up, OR that breathing events are waking me up. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone,

1) Please see last night's full chart:

2) Please see the following zoomed-in chart around the time I woke up. You will see, just like in the previous charts I've posted, I woke up around a time of increased pressure and breathing events.

Can anyone see from the chart what could be causing these awakenings around the time of increased pressure/breathing events?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 253 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Early awakenings - CPAP Help Sonatine600 0 348 11-22-2023, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Sonatine600
  Many Awakenings with Heart Rate Spikes jr991 3 496 11-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: jr991
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Night awakenings correlated to HR- REM sleep + OSA or UARS. logart89 1 559 06-21-2023, 06:19 PM
Last Post: mper6794

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.