Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is increasing.
AHI is increasing.
I have been having hip pain while sleeping, so I have been sleeping most of my time on my back. I have noticed that my AHIs have been increasing along with many more OAs. Previously, I would never have anything over five and many less than one. Should I try some different setting or just not worry about it?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI is increasing.
Hi txrpls,
Your graphs shows typical positional apnea (chin tucking).  See the clumps of Obstructives on your graph.

While laying on your back, you are allowing your head to tilt forward causing your chin to tuck into your chest.  This can also occur on your side.

There is no amount of pressure increases that would help with this.  

One thing to be aware of is your bed pillow.  A too tall pillow can tilt your head forward, so it's better to use a thinner, but firm pillow.

You can also try a soft cervical collar.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI is increasing.
Yes. I totally agree with Opal on this. I also suffer from positional apnea. I stay on my side throughout the night with the aid of a foam sleep wedge that I lodge behind me while on my side. 
With your hip I’m sure you can’t do this now. A flat pillow and a soft cervical collar is an absolute must as well. A small pillow between your knees also helps keep your spine in alignment while on your side. It takes weeks/months to train yourself …at least it did for me. I have occasional spikes which is normal and expected , even when trying your best to do all I’ve mentioned you’ll have surprises. Good luck !!
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Pressure not increasing much due to the air vent holes being large CorruptAlligator 4 942 12-31-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  AHI Increasing, Struggling to read OSCAR Data cam412 12 1,140 12-29-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: cam412
  Tips for Increasing Compliance GoliGoli 7 671 09-07-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: GoliGoli
  Advice on increasing pressure HaL R 33 2,407 08-11-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: HaL R
  AHI increasing. cwdusheke 6 811 04-28-2022, 06:17 PM
Last Post: cwdusheke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.