Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

N20 compared to Mirage FX?
N20 compared to Mirage FX?
would any of you guys compare the N20 to the Mirage FX...at this moment, its the only nasal mask that I've really tried as far as cushions go...I've tried the Dreamwear FFM and the Mirage Quattro full face...both leak....so far, i've had the best luck with the FX but I can't stand the forehead brace....I've been using a loaner machine for a couple of weeks now...i'm still waiting to get mine from Dr/Insurance and I was thinking of asking for the N20...hoping it seals as good as the Mirage FX does for me.

The sleep center that did my Titration used the Mirage Quattro on me, normally I am a mouth breather, but i've noticed that with the nasal cushion, I'm good to go...I have a bad feeling that is the mask they are gonna try to stick me with...it worked well for me during the Titration test, but I have one at home and just can't get it to seal.
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
If you haven't tried the Airfit P10, you have no idea what you're missing. Many people breath through their mouth because they feel congested, but the P10 opens that right up and makes nasal breathing natural and easy. Worth a try, I promise.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I can't do those nasal pillows...i've tried the swift FX and the F&P pilario and I just can't do those.
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply
I had less luck with the FX than I'd hoped for and didn't like the headgear.  But if you're having good luck with it I wouldn't discount it because of mouth breathing - you may be able to defeat the mouth breathing problem with a chinstrap or even with a soft cervical collar.  CPAPSHOP will allow a 30 day money back trial if you want to see how another mask feels.  I just tried the Activa LT.  It has a nice cushion but I still had some problems with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correction
Sorry, I meant that I tried the Airfit N20, liked it but had a few problems with it.
Today I received a Mirage Activa LT.  This nasal mask, although it looks like an old clunker, has some important advantages.  It doesn't leak, has a very comfortable cushion and forehead stabilizer piece, adequately sized headgear, and a quiet, unobtrusive diffuser.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: N20 compared to Mirage FX?
actually, i have had no issues with mouth breathing when using the Mirage FX...I just don't like that head gear or the forehead setup...which is why i want to try the N20....before I got diagnosed and what not...i was a mouth breather...i woke with terrible dry mouth and very bad taste every morning. Since using the loaner cpap....that is all in the past.

I want a good FFM for when i'm congested which I usually get in the winter...i also have a 14m old baby girl that will probably bring home some unpleasant things that will bother me as well in the future.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Mirage FX for over 4 years. The headgear left marks on my face that persisted until early afternoon. I eventually found some fleece tubes that eliminated the marks. The vent holes on the nasal mask were difficult to clean - I never did find a brush that worked and the holes seemed to partially clog over time, slightly reducing airflow. Finally I tried a Waterpik, which cleaned the vents very well. Perhaps I'm a klutz, but I somehow ended up with water all over the place when using the Waterpik : )

When I needed a new machine I decided to also take a look at other mask options and ordered the N20. The headgear does not mark my face and the large vent holes on the tube are very easy to clean. I am very happy with this mask!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2018, 02:11 PM)Vitamin J Wrote: would any of you guys compare the N20 to the Mirage FX...at this moment, its the only nasal mask that I've really tried as far as cushions go...I've tried the Dreamwear FFM and the Mirage Quattro full face...both leak....so far, i've had the best luck with the FX but I can't stand the forehead brace....I've been using a loaner machine for a couple of weeks now...i'm still waiting to get mine from Dr/Insurance and I was thinking of asking for the N20...hoping it seals as good as the Mirage FX does for me.

I've just switched from the Mirage Activa LT - which is similar - to the N20, for the same reason, I hate the forehead brace.

I have a full beard and moustache, so seal is a fun thing to achieve.  The Activa LT has been the best overall, for the last 8 years, except for the forehead brace and the headgear - the medium headgear feels too big, the small is too small.  But it's worked the best for me so far.

The N20. OMG yes.  I'm having a *few* tiny growing pains with it, but I don't think they are a big issue.  It's a ton lighter than the Activa, it's a much smaller cushion - note, the manual says to set your machine to "pillows" for this mask.  The cheek parts of the frame are further back from your face than the N10, and it's *way* better headgear than the N10.  And, magnetic clips are awesome. :-) The redesign of the cushion is huge, too - seal is better from the get-go, and it's a lot more stable as you move in the night than the N10 was.  With the N10, I found side-sleeping was bad because the slightest pressure on the cheek frame would cause a leak between my nose and eye on the opposite side.  I never found a way to prevent that - and at one point it was bad enough to cause a stye.  Doesn't happen with the N20.

Now for the growing pains... adjusting the headgear properly might take a bit of fiddling.  Start with the top straps, they seem to be the ones that make the most difference to the fit.  Adjust them to the point that you don't get any leak at the top of your nose, then snug up the bottom ones just enough to make the mask stable when you move.  And then tweak from there.  I *think* that their sizing has changed a bit from the Activa - I use a medium cushion on the Activa, so I bought a medium N20... and the included size guide makes it look like I should have gone for the small.  I think that may solve the one other niggle I have - unless I adjust the mask to the point that I think "this is too tight" I find myself eventually getting into a sleeping position where I put just the right pressure in the right place to cause the seal at the side of my nose to flap... which wakes me.  It's not really a leak, it's like I've tightened it just enough that the very edge of the cushion isn't actually flush to my nose - the seal is further back on the silicon, and that edge is free to flutter.  Making it *just* a bit tighter makes that go away, but threatens to become uncomfortably tight over the long-term.

I've ordered a small cushion, but of course, they're back ordered. :-)   So I'll update when I get it and can use it a couple of nights. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2018, 05:37 PM)cronkster Wrote: Correction
Sorry, I meant that I tried the Airfit N20, liked it but had a few problems with it.
Today I received a Mirage Activa LT.  This nasal mask, although it looks like an old clunker, has some important advantages.  It doesn't leak, has a very comfortable cushion and forehead stabilizer piece, adequately sized headgear, and a quiet, unobtrusive diffuser.

It's a good mask, the only one I've tried that is as quiet is the N20, and it seals great - especially if you don't over-tighten it.  But I really don't like the forehead bit. :-p
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm really impressed with the Airfit F20 as a FFM as it doesn't have that horrible forehead thing and seems to be much less prone to 'movement leaks' than anything else I've tried to date.

As a Nasal Pillow I loved the Brevida that seals differently from every other nasal pillow I've seen with soft nozzles that seal on the inside of the nostril - really cool design and really comfortable but not sure it would work on higher pressures whereas the F20 certainly does.

HTHs

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 470 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
  Nasal Pillows compared to Full Face Mask Rengah 5 931 07-26-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Rengah
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 478 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Mirage FX mask: Wide or Standard HappyCpappySmile 0 559 08-24-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: HappyCpappySmile
  Accuracy of the o2ring compared to checkme Zackio 22 4,839 08-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Last Post: goku
  [Equipment] Thinking about trying Mirage Liberty kingpin 5 1,032 06-13-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.