Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

N30i Nasal Cushion
N30i Nasal Cushion
        My DME sends me some nasal cushions! I was using the N30i Nasal cushion shown in the first photo with EXCELLENT results! When I changed to the new cushion with the updated exhalation port, shown in the second photo my AHI numbers suddenly shot up! I looked at OSCAR and my data with both is very simular except for my AHI which jumped from way below 1.0 to almost 2.0 Anyone else have a similar issue with this updated cushion! Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: N30i Nasal Cushion
The second one is the newest design. The first one is most likely not available anymore. You might re fit your mask.

I have tried the n30i several times I love the design. I always have higher leak rate and higher ahi. So I went back to the dreamwear.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Brent! When you say "re fit" are you guessing it is too tight or too loose?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well since the older one had hard plastic. Which would not be as flexible. I would guess to tight.

In any event just loosen it up and hold it to your face. Letting it float there so you get a feel for when it stops leaking. Then attach the Velcro about where you think it was. Then test. Also make sure you lay down and assume all your sleeping positions. Go slow. Small changes only.

Also you need to refit if the design changes or mask material changes. This is both.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Looking back at last night I tend to agree that the mask may have been too tight! I will try re adjusting and let you know how it works out! Thanks for your input!
Post Reply Post Reply
I like wearing it because I can wear it looser then my other mask. Might want to make sure it's the right size also. I wear a sw in the n30i and med in f30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2021, 10:13 AM)Jsukim21 Wrote: I like wearing it because I can wear it looser then my other mask. Might want to make sure it's the right size also. I wear a sw in the n30i and med in f30i.

I have noticed the sizes are standard across resmed mask styles either.  its kind of a bummer.  I like there designs but the implementation is kind of wonky.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 2 variations of the pic on the right.  One appears to have a filter in the diffuser and the other has the diffuser but no ‘filter’, just an open back behind the holes.   The one with no filter came from starter set up.  The newer version with the filter layer and back seems like it will make exhalation harder.    Experience?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 346 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,540 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.