Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

N30i leakage
N30i leakage
Hi,

Just switched to the N30i from an N20. My AHI on the N20 was 1-2 but on the new N30i it has gone to 8-13 with massive leaks.
My pressure is between 15-16 nightly so perhaps this particular mask does not perform as well on high pressure?
I can provide further information that may help answer the question, just let me know what is needed.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: N30i leakage
I use the N30i and have very few leak problems.  I love it because of the top hose connection and the very minimal face exposure. I switched from the N20 and did notice a slightly higher leak rate, but still nothing serious. 

Granted, my pressure isn't nearly as high as yours...only 9 cm, but I think the mask can hold up under most pressure if adjusted properly. Take a look at this mask fit info and give it another shot. 

How to achieve the perfect mask fit - GUARANTEED! | Apnea Board
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
I too use the N30i regularly. When I first tried it a couple of years ago I didn’t like it because the small cushion was too small and the medium cushion was too big which resulted in a lot of leaks. I was also using the standard size frame which may have been a little too big. Since I had a fit pack I decided to try it again except this time I tried the small-wide (SW) and picked up a small frame. The fit is perfect and typically my leak rate is zero. To get to zero I swapped the ResMed headgear with the DreamWear as the ResMed headgear slipped causing the cushion to loosen and the DreamWear stays in place all night. The headgear fits perfectly into to frame. I sleep like a baby. My pressure is 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! that link is definitely useful. Will try this tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wondering, is the old n30i cushion still available to order?  It looks like they only show the updated one with the diffuser?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw some of the old version N30i cushions on eBay in recent weeks. I’ve noticed they are becoming few and far between as time passes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks yippee
Post Reply Post Reply
Just for information, how often do you change the cushion because the filter material in the the diffuser gets dirty? Can you replace the filter material?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Yankees…I can go about 2-3 months or so. I also live in a dry environment and don’t experience the dirtiness others have. I have read elsewhere (or maybe here) that some people use a water pick device to clean the filter. There is a YouTube video done by Dennis Burger (or Berger) about how he replaces the filter with an AS10 air filter cut to size. Sadly, the only country I know of that sells the replaced diffuser piece is Australia. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Yipee will look for the video.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 105 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 258 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 346 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,544 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Why do I need to get my flow limitation and leakage down? Kathy14225 12 1,428 09-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.