Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEED ADVICE FOR NEWBIE W NO MACHINE
RE: NEED ADVICE FOR NEWBIE W NO MACHINE
Congratulations on ordering the machine - that will be a great first step. To make the best use of it we will need to see the daily charts: ensure your machine has an SD card, else get one from Walmart or equivalent. A 2Gb card (if you can get one that small) is ideal. Also, download and install #SleepyHead software. Once you have a night's data on the card, download it to #SleepyHead and post your daily chart back here. For details on how best to present the chart see here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2018, 11:17 PM)sleepslayer Wrote: You guys are amazing. THANK YOU so much. I ordered a machine - can't remember which one at the moment because I'm so tired but I will defer to your  collective wisdom once I get some data. For now I am just really anxious about going to sleep tonight because it will happen again. And again until I get something in place. 

This  type of fear and exhaustion is hell. 
Sad

That is good progress and we're looking forward to helping.  Assuming you ordered the Airsense 10 Autoset, Setup manuals are available free here: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual or use this easy to understand pictoral tutorial. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info 

You will want to start with settings:
Mode: Autoset or Autoset for Her
Min Pressure: 6.0
Max Pressure: 20.0
EPR: Full Time
EPR Setting: 2

The machine will automatically seek the correct pressure for your needs, but will need to be optimized after your first session is complete.  We can help with that.

Where did you decide to source the machine? (no links please).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
While you're waiting for delivery of the machine, it may be wise to also take a list of any meds you're taking to your pharmacist to see if any of them may be contributing to the problems you're having.

What you are describing reminds me of what I experienced on the extended release version of propranolol. I also had apnea related daytime issues (and that was bad too), but on ER propranolol it was pure hell. It was so bad, I can't even begin to convey how horrible it was.

You have that same note of desperation that makes me think it would be worth looking into.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 90 Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,520 Yesterday, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 511 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 722 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.