Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEED HELP: Optimized therapy to perfect numbers-bad sleep
Question 
NEED HELP: Optimized therapy to perfect numbers-bad sleep
I have been fine tuning my machine (aircurve10 vauto) and masks for the past 3 months after resetting myself to try one last time and make this work, i started with pillows mask, controlled to no leaks, and you can see the machine spiking pressure every REM cycle EPAP around 6-7 PS around 3 to 4
you can see the oscar screenshots for it here: 
[Image: n16nqjK.png]

[Image: 4nfIpN3.png]

[Image: 1CDcFqP.png]

[Image: Ic0k7GA.png]

[Image: fFIfBDA.png]

[Image: yZTpjvg.png]
RE: NEED HELP: Optimized therapy to perfect numbers-bad sleep
My problem with pillow mask is that after EPAP 7.2 I get chipmunks cheeks, so to higher pressure i need FFM, so I started using F30, F30i with decent leak control, same pressure spikes from machine, disconnected sleep while gradually increasing EPAP, and PS as here:

[Image: Oe2OzfO.png]

[Image: XgLe9jL.png]

[Image: FJPSVi7.png]

[Image: WrFi5Kr.png]

[Image: mqBeMVU.png]

[Image: nG7GnkN.png]

[Image: XOXqQnn.png]

[Image: JK843OC.png]

[Image: HF3CQ4S.png]
so based on previous numbers I got the EVORA mask, and used the 99.5% EPAP for few nights, kept tweaking leaks untill last night i got almost no leaks and almost flat pressure lines, but STILL SAME AROUSALS after a REM cycle, you can notice that machine kept increasing the 99.5% each time so last night the highest EPAP was around EPAP 14, but still in the zoomed in airflow, you could see some limitations followed by arousal without machines detecting any need to increase pressure, these screenshot for last night are my best optimized numbers for the past 3 months yet, I STILL KEEP WAKING UP!

so right now I am yet at another impasse, I don't think the answer is to increase EPAP more, as you can see in the screenshots:

[Image: WH4XpoG.png]

[Image: pm3krZq.png]

[Image: KT9r122.png]

[Image: 8pPvutZ.png]

[Image: ihxrQ0D.png]

[Image: z4rBduv.png]

[Image: zRhQHrH.png]

[Image: 1srQdVh.png]

[Image: sRSuBZz.png]

[Image: ZpnCAk0.png]

[Image: rnEyzR7.png]
I'm sorry for the plethora of screenshots, i'm trying to give a bigger picture to what i have been doing, if you could read all that, I'd be very interested if you have an advice
thank you
For comparison sake, this is last night data, I used Resmed pillow mask, highest epap I can tolerate with this mask which is 7. Highest PS i ever used with pillow which is 5.
I had still arousals, i'm not zombie, but I noticed that toward the end of sleep, the time between arousals is much shorter than with the Evora mask and higher EPAP/PS which is around 75mns to 90 mns but with the pillow epap7/PS5, it was as little as 25mns sleep.

2nd observation is you can see some sort of flow limitation in airflow before arousals or sometimes that does not lead to arousal ( i shutoff/on the machine each conscious arousal to mark it on the flow graph).

[Image: AJ6qJJJ.png]

[Image: XPk0Fjb.png]

[Image: KvVkAnP.png]

[Image: 0KqObU8.png]

[Image: nXfzoua.png]

[Image: 0z62Mq1.png]

[Image: utZ9KFN.png]

[Image: FpKBCaY.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,360 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.