Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEED HELP with hose fitting!
NEED HELP with hose fitting!
i have a f&p icon and i switched masks. Problem is i can't take the old elbow from the thermosmart hose. i dont see a quick anywhere and its really frustrating. ive been at for 2 hours and im tired i may have to sleep without the machine
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEED HELP!!!!!!!
Maybe a fitting from the hardware store or home center, along with some duct tape (my favorite weapon), can get you by until you can get it sorted out.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEED HELP with hose fitting!
Did you check the old mask to see if a fitting was left on there? I've gotten myself that way several times.

And I changed your subject line so you can get the help you need.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
i have the elbow from both masks the problem i'm having is i can't figure out how to remove the old from the cpap hose. the elbows are two different sizes
Post Reply Post Reply
Dante, Can you attach pictures of what you are asking about?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the hoses I have used simply pull apart. Find the joint where the hose connects to the elbow, grab the elbow in one hand and the hose end fitting in the other (they will be touching) and pull them apart.
Worst case is you may separate the hose from its connector, but not likely.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,631 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 282 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 259 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,371 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 692 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.