Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Correct Pressure
Gross 
Correct Pressure
I have since lost my insurance so I am no longer seeing a doctor at this time for my sleep apnea. I was on a 10.2 from my doctor but since have seen that I had more apneas at night and I do not feel the effect of the therapy like I did before. I know I need to increase my pressure but am unsure of what intervals to increase it at. I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Correct Pressure
This is a good place to start for information:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...re-on-cpap

The short of it is to take it slow. You are looking at trends, not a night-by-night change. One night's worth of data is useful but only for the data. You can't base a change on just one night.

Do you have the clinician manual for your machine?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2013, 08:49 PM)fpguy Wrote: I have since lost my insurance so I am no longer seeing a doctor at this time for my sleep apnea. I was on a 10.2 from my doctor but since have seen that I had more apneas at night and I do not feel the effect of the therapy like I did before. I know I need to increase my pressure but am unsure of what intervals to increase it at. I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you

Paula,

I know how to get into the settings of the machine to adjust the settings if that is what you are asking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that's what I meant. Having the manual is a good thing to have, anyway, as it explains some things.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fpguy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fpguy
There,re number of reasons and not all CPAP related, something like stress at home/work, certain medications or even life style changes can affect our sleep. More apnea? how often and how frequent, we don,t treat central apnea with pressure increase
Whats the leak rate, AHI and types of apnea, AHI below 5 considered good
The machine score apnea when sees it but does not know if you were awake or asleep, check ResScan and see when events are occurring

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Smile Please let us know what you learn over time? I'd like to stress that trying a setting for a while is a much better idea than a new/different setting every night. Also, have you perhaps gained or lost weight? Any change in meds recently? How long ago was the 10.2 pressure recommended? Did it work for you in the beginning?

I too have no insurance, so I can relate.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding the Correct Mask snpperhd 6 153 04-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: snpperhd
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,015 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  CPAP Settings correct? nickng33 1 450 11-21-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 986 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP isn't helping. Do I actually have SDB, and are my PAP settings correct? Sleeper44345 15 1,259 08-20-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: jwest
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 684 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 668 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.