Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEW ASV USER
NEW ASV USER
I just got my new ResMed ASV machine and I love it!! Had 0.2 events per hour the first night. That is down from between 23 and 35 central apnea events per hour with my old ResMed S-10 AirCurve VAuto. And to my surprise, I had no difficulty adjusting to the ASV therapy.

I am glad I pushed for the ResMed over the Philips machine as there is a seamless smoothness between the exhale and inhale that is not there with the Philips machine. I know this because I used the Philips machine for the sleep test that was required to determine if I responded well to ASV therapy.

I have a question. When you get up during the night to go to the bathroom, do you have to shut off the ASV machine and then restart it when you get back in bed? Or rather, can you merely disconnect the mask and reconnect it when you get back in bed? I worry that the ASV machine is going to have a super fit when it is suddenly disconnected, and air is simply openly going out into the room.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEW ASV USER
I don't think the ASV is different in that regard from any other machine. If you leave it running, it will loudly exhaust its full volume of air and record a massive leak while you're gone. While I rarely get up at night, I prefer to shut down the machine. Without ramp, it's just a matter of restarting. I guess if you sleep alone, no one is there to be disturbed, but I still don't like listening to it. How hard can it be?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same Aircurve 10 ASV machine. Yes, you can set the machine to turn on/off automatically if the machine senses that the the mask is taken off the hose. Note that if the mask is removed while still connected to the hose, my full face mask turns the machine off, but my nasal mask does not (it depends on your airflow level and the mask model).
Be aware that the auto on/off feature is not available if the leak alert option is activated (they are mutually exclusive).

Good luck, Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jerrydaw,
It's good that you got the machine you really wanted and also that you are adjusting well to it.
I turn my machine off when I have to get up, it's close enough to me that pushing a button isn't too difficult, (Ha-Ha.)
Keep up the good work.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello jerrydaw,

Congratulations on the good results. It looks like you have things going your way.

Sleep well,

Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,105 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,138 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.