Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEW AirCurve 10 ASV
Cool 
NEW AirCurve 10 ASV
Hello everyone,

After a 4 month wait, the VA came through.  I been on the recall list to replace my DreamStation 1  bi pap ASV.  What I got was the res med air curve 10asv. Can't wait to get started.  Anybody have any thoughts on this unit?  I had been uses PR unit for 15 years.  This my first change.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEW AirCurve 10 ASV
From everything I hear, it's a terrific machine -- congrats on its arrival. Have your old DS settings already been programmed into the new machine? Have you taken it for a trial run yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
We have coached many users in the use of the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV and it usually delivers lower AHI and better comfort than the experience reported on Philips BiPAP Auto SV. It does not,have settings for target respiratory rate, volume and timing or rise time. This omission is important in some users, but the automatic algorithm works very well for most. One major difference is the use of "Easybreathe™". This smooths the pressure changes in trigger and cycle, and is a major factor in comfort. Your machine can be set to Vauto or S mode. It would be a good idea to review the settings, compare those to your prior settings on the Philips, and I hope you will post them here. Settings on this machine are only mode, EPAP min, EPAP max, PS min and PS max in Vauto mode, and in S-mode they are EPAP, PS-min and PS max.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would consider suggesting ASV Auto mode and start at ResMed Titration defaults excepting some variation as you've been on Philips SV Auto for some time.

What were your last settings on the Philips?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Default values are ASVauto mode, EPAP min 4.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0. If you know you need a higher minimum EPAP, then it's fine to use that, but the Resmed algorithm is relatively fast to increase pressure with UA (unknown apnea events are assumed to be obstructive). Anyway, congrats on the ASV and looking forward to seeing some results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't mean to blow your excitement but O went from my DS BIPAP Auto SV to Res Aircurve 10 ASV (both bought out of pocket) and after 4 months of use, I am back to using my DS machine.
The reason was that as a CA patient I don''t find my resmed as comfortable to use as my DS . i get full nights of restful sleep with my DS which is not the case when I plug myself into my Res.
Some believe that just because the DS reports a much lower AHI in comparison to the DS, it must be delivering a better therapy where in fact Resemd does not monitor a whole host of respitory parameters that the DS does, so naturally Resemd's reported AHI is lower.
At any rate I wish you success and I will follow this thread to see how you are progressing with your new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
S. Manz

No topic drifting please. You have your threads to post your opinions about DS versus ResMed.

This is Muddpa's ResMed ASV therapy thread, so let's keep it to that.

Thank you for understanding.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry on the slow reply.  Five nights in.  So far I like it. using Res med My Air. Will be downloading Oscar. Right it set on ASV on auto, Max pressure 25,End Expiratory 8, End Expiratory Max 15. AHI ave3.0
Post Reply Post Reply
Muddpa, glad to hear you are comfortable. That is the biggest hurtle. If you can put up an Oscar chart we might figure out what that 3 AHI is about, but nice start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Just waiting for OSCAR, and we'll help get it lower on AHI as needed. It's probably a few stray Hypopnea and/or Obstructive events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 135 7 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 45 7 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 112 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,001 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 163 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 701 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 225 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.