Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
NEW CPAP AIRSENSE 10 OR SLEEP STATION
I am getting a new machine. They are recommending the ResMed Airsense 10. I really wanted a travel machine. Researching I found the Respironics Air Station. It seems to be smaller. Any advice or recommendations? I have a 6 year old Respiromics machine now.
01-15-2016 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: NEW CPAP AIRSENSE 10 OR SLEEP STATION
(01-15-2016 03:36 PM)bbranson72 Wrote:  I am getting a new machine. They are recommending the ResMed Airsense 10. I really wanted a travel machine. Researching I found the Respironics Air Station. It seems to be smaller. Any advice or recommendations? I have a 6 year old Respiromics machine now.
Welcome to Apnea board, bbranson72
First of all, you'll need full data capable machine (basic CPAP models are not) and I recommend an auto machine as being a better value (cost only few dollars more than fixed machine) and can be used in CPAP mode or auto-adjusting mode

AirSesne 10 comes in 4 models ... CPAP, Elite, Autoset, AutoSet for Her
Autoset for Her is choice #1, followed by AutoSet

Dream Station comes in 3 models, CPAP, PRO, and Auto
Auto CPAP is choice #1

If data is important to you, AirSense 10 supported by ResScan (windows) and SleepyHead (windows and Mac) software, you can download both from Apnea Board for free
SleepyHead doesn't support DreamStation at this stage, you can download EncorePro 2.17.8.0 from "private files and links" but windows only

I like ResMed machines, simple to use, detailed data available on the screen at a glance and have to clock, date and time can set to local time zone, PR machine clock set at the factory in GST and cannot be changed by the user

Since you have been using PR machines for the last 6 years, would you switch or stay with the brand that you're most familiar with
01-15-2016 04:15 PM
Possum Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense Autoset A10
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: (included in CPAP model)
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Innovo CMS-50F+ pulse oximeter

Have you actually seen an Airsense 10 in person? They are pretty compact. I traveled all over Europe with mine and have no complaints, as it fits neatly in a travel pouch smaller than a "man purse." I suppose it depends on your tolerance and/or standards for a travel machine, but I would recommend it for home and travel. It's smart, fully data capable, and most importantly I generally sleep great with it as long as I can prevent rainout.
01-15-2016 04:20 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
sonicboom Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10, Dreamwear
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 4.6-7.6
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I echo Possum's comments. I travel with the A10 just fine. I've thought about an even smaller machine dedicated for travel but they do each have their own issues that you can review in the products forum.

Coffee
01-15-2016 07:21 PM
GeoffD Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Integral + ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 14-17
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

(01-15-2016 04:20 PM)Possum Wrote:  Have you actually seen an Airsense 10 in person? They are pretty compact. I traveled all over Europe with mine and have no complaints, as it fits neatly in a travel pouch smaller than a "man purse." I suppose it depends on your tolerance and/or standards for a travel machine, but I would recommend it for home and travel. It's smart, fully data capable, and most importantly I generally sleep great with it as long as I can prevent rainout.

I didn't like having a 3rd thing to carry so I never use the carrying case that came with unit.

I just leave the removable tank on the ResMed A10 AutoSet plugged into the base unit and put it in my roll-aboard. I keep a small zip-top canvas bag in the roll-aboard as a "just in case" I'm somehow forced to check the roll-aboard so I can remove the equipment and carry it on the plane. If I have a lousy boarding zone, I'll tell the gate agent I have medical equipment I don't want to check and ask to board early. I don't push it and do it after the first class and elite FT people have boarded. I've never been denied.

To create space for it, I had to ditch my shaving kit and put the bare minimum toiletry items I need in the side pockets with a gallon zip lock bag to carry them into the hotel bathroom.

The only real down side of ResMed CPAP machines is that they run on 24 volts. You need to buy a ResMed-branded 12v to 24v DC-DC converter to run it off a battery. I paid $80-something for mine at one of the suppliers on the list on this site when I was putting together my boat and power failure setup. A 12v machine would likely save you some bucks if you want battery backup.
01-15-2016 08:15 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi bbranson72,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.

trish6hundred
01-15-2016 11:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dream Station Ramp and Pressure Settings knowoneuno 21 457 12-06-2016 11:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 Badjo17 26 2,496 12-04-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: Arnie51
  light on Dream Station ttfespe 29 2,199 12-02-2016 05:19 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Dream Station Settings Autumnseer 15 542 11-26-2016 07:01 AM
Last Post: Weird Tolkienish Figure
  [Pressure] new airsense 10 new at this abrun7 7 515 11-19-2016 02:12 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Been about a week with the AirSense 10 for Her Beej 4 397 11-11-2016 09:30 PM
Last Post: Beej
  1st night on new Airsense 10 for her Beej 7 483 11-02-2016 06:08 PM