Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEW CPAP AIRSENSE 10 OR SLEEP STATION
NEW CPAP AIRSENSE 10 OR SLEEP STATION
I am getting a new machine. They are recommending the ResMed Airsense 10. I really wanted a travel machine. Researching I found the Respironics Air Station. It seems to be smaller. Any advice or recommendations? I have a 6 year old Respiromics machine now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEW CPAP AIRSENSE 10 OR SLEEP STATION
(01-15-2016, 03:36 PM)bbranson72 Wrote: I am getting a new machine. They are recommending the ResMed Airsense 10. I really wanted a travel machine. Researching I found the Respironics Air Station. It seems to be smaller. Any advice or recommendations? I have a 6 year old Respiromics machine now.
Welcome to Apnea board, bbranson72
First of all, you'll need full data capable machine (basic CPAP models are not) and I recommend an auto machine as being a better value (cost only few dollars more than fixed machine) and can be used in CPAP mode or auto-adjusting mode

AirSesne 10 comes in 4 models ... CPAP, Elite, Autoset, AutoSet for Her
Autoset for Her is choice #1, followed by AutoSet

Dream Station comes in 3 models, CPAP, PRO, and Auto
Auto CPAP is choice #1

If data is important to you, AirSense 10 supported by ResScan (windows) and SleepyHead (windows and Mac) software, you can download both from Apnea Board for free
SleepyHead doesn't support DreamStation at this stage, you can download EncorePro 2.17.8.0 from "private files and links" but windows only

I like ResMed machines, simple to use, detailed data available on the screen at a glance and have to clock, date and time can set to local time zone, PR machine clock set at the factory in GST and cannot be changed by the user

Since you have been using PR machines for the last 6 years, would you switch or stay with the brand that you're most familiar with
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you actually seen an Airsense 10 in person? They are pretty compact. I traveled all over Europe with mine and have no complaints, as it fits neatly in a travel pouch smaller than a "man purse." I suppose it depends on your tolerance and/or standards for a travel machine, but I would recommend it for home and travel. It's smart, fully data capable, and most importantly I generally sleep great with it as long as I can prevent rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
I echo Possum's comments. I travel with the A10 just fine. I've thought about an even smaller machine dedicated for travel but they do each have their own issues that you can review in the products forum.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2016, 04:20 PM)Possum Wrote: Have you actually seen an Airsense 10 in person? They are pretty compact. I traveled all over Europe with mine and have no complaints, as it fits neatly in a travel pouch smaller than a "man purse." I suppose it depends on your tolerance and/or standards for a travel machine, but I would recommend it for home and travel. It's smart, fully data capable, and most importantly I generally sleep great with it as long as I can prevent rainout.

I didn't like having a 3rd thing to carry so I never use the carrying case that came with unit.

I just leave the removable tank on the ResMed A10 AutoSet plugged into the base unit and put it in my roll-aboard. I keep a small zip-top canvas bag in the roll-aboard as a "just in case" I'm somehow forced to check the roll-aboard so I can remove the equipment and carry it on the plane. If I have a lousy boarding zone, I'll tell the gate agent I have medical equipment I don't want to check and ask to board early. I don't push it and do it after the first class and elite FT people have boarded. I've never been denied.

To create space for it, I had to ditch my shaving kit and put the bare minimum toiletry items I need in the side pockets with a gallon zip lock bag to carry them into the hotel bathroom.

The only real down side of ResMed CPAP machines is that they run on 24 volts. You need to buy a ResMed-branded 12v to 24v DC-DC converter to run it off a battery. I paid $80-something for mine at one of the suppliers on the list on this site when I was putting together my boat and power failure setup. A 12v machine would likely save you some bucks if you want battery backup.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bbranson72,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 421 1 minute ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 161 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 618 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 180 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 483 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.