Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEW PHILLIPS SOFTWARE FOR HOME USE
RE: NEW PHILLIPS SOFTWARE FOR HOME USE
(12-26-2014, 01:56 AM)ranger100 Wrote: Hello All,
I'm new here, using CPAP 3+ year now. Just registered, downloaded from apple Sad- can't find it or even start to use it?
So that's how far I got. Maybe the software here is better? I have a number of Sleep disorders and need the daily reports by month of hours and duration of sleep.
When I got my machine everyone told me "You will feel so much better" - sadly that did not happen because I have more serious sleep disorders. I was and still 100% compliant from day one.
My medical supplier used to print out the monthly reports for me....now I get the first and last page, No daily by month details Sad which I need desperately)...
Comments Please,
Sincerely
PS: Suggestion if the machine with 100% compliance does not improve your sleep, please look further.
Hi ranger100,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you have been able to use your CPAP machine for 3+ years, good job.
From what I have read here on the board, SleepyHead will be up to the task of giving you all the reports you want and need.
Hopefully, you are able to get all your sleep disorders treated.
Much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello trish6hundred,
Thank you for the response and good wishes. Just downloaded it and will try to set it up to use soon.
Thanks again Smile
ranger100

PS: This will be a great help to me instead of dropping off a card every month and then picking up a 35 page report. Wow, I can't wait to see what it will do!

Thanks! ALL of you, who any part of making this kind of software available!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2014, 01:01 AM)ranger100 Wrote: Hello trish6hundred,
Thank you for the response and good wishes. Just downloaded it and will try to set it up to use soon.
Thanks again Smile
ranger100

PS: This will be a great help to me instead of dropping off a card every month and then picking up a 35 page report. Wow, I can't wait to see what it will do!

Hello All,
Could not wait to try it out tonight!!!!

Smile

I'm totally Blown Away at how good this software is. Speechless actually! A million thanks for working on this! I found just the data I needed right away. I have to sleep multiply times during the day and the graph clearly shows the record of events! Now I have to learn the rest of the neat stuff!

My sincere and humble thanks!!!!!
ranger100
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2014, 03:38 AM)ranger100 Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 01:01 AM)ranger100 Wrote: Hello trish6hundred,
Thanks again Smile
ranger100

Hello All,
Could not wait to try it out tonight!!!!

Smile

I'm totally Blown Away at how good this software is. Speechless actually! A million thanks for working on this! I found just the data I needed right away. I have to sleep multiply times during the day and the graph clearly shows the record of events! Now I have to learn the rest of the neat stuff!

My sincere and humble thanks!!!!!
ranger100

I don't mean to be skeptical about the Sleepmapper site software (it does work, though the iPhone app which is used with a BlueTooth modem is very quirky), but my DME told me in the beginning that they liked Sleepmapper because they could use it to see your compliance rate. In other words, they need it to make sure that you are using it and that they ultimately get paid by the insurance company..... Others are correct in that it doesn't give any real additional information you cannot get from the machine LED display itself. As they say: "follow the money."

Glad to see that you were successful in downloading SleepyHead. It's great and truly gives you what you need to constantly monitor your progress. I would suggest that if you find it useful that you consider giving the developer a donation for his past efforts and it also allows him to improve the product. Of course, it's up to you....

Remember, you are in charge of your health (long with your M.D.) When I went back to my M.D after my first 90 days of use I gave him a printout from SleepyHead and he was delighted. He commented that he didn't think he could really teach me much that I didn't already have a handle on regarding my case. That may not literally be true, but it showed his respect for the SleepyHead software.

Good luck,

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey sleepysteve, happy to help you, glad you found the software and have liked what you see.

I do agree with one point, and have wondered about it myself, and that is why so many software devs do not use installers for their software. It seems quite common these days and it can be quite frustrating to people who are not 100% tech savvy, all the instructions in the world can only get you so far. But people are quite familiar with double click to install and then click the icon to run. I have wondered many times over the past few years why installers are not included with many of the programs I use.

But no matter what that software is the shizzle, and it does te job, even if you have to jump through a few small hoops to install it.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I talked to my DME provider about SleepMapper. According to her, this software was developed with the intent of encouraging patients to become successful CPAP/APAP users (as opposed to recording compliance for insurance purposes). She cited stats that only slightly more than 50% of patients who start out on CPAP/APAP therapy manage to continue. So, in addition to to the very basic data cited by other posters above, there are support videos, tracking milestones and other stuff designed to keep you going in your therapy regimen. It was never meant to supply comprehensive data; Respironics users should buy EncoreViewer ($100!) or download Onkor (Windows ony) or SleepyHead (Mac or Windows) to view more detailed information. I'm a new Respironics System One Auto user, and just downloaded SleepyHead, which seems to work great.

The data is the same that is sent to providers via the cellular modem attached to some units. If you do have a modem attached to your unit, then you can specify that the data is sent to your SleepMapper account. You can download a Mac or Windows SD card reader application that will allow you to plug your SD card into your computer to acquire the same data. Lastly, you can buy a Bluetooth module that snaps onto the back of your unit (in place of the cellular modem, you can't have both) that will send the data directly to your iOS or Android mobile device.

I agree with others posting here, though. The data you can view with SleepMapper is no more detailed than what you can simply read off the LCD panel. So, if you don't need any more encouragement to use your CPAP/APAP, then SleepMapper is probably not going to be helpful to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 05:23 PM)afriedma Wrote: I talked to my DME provider about SleepMapper. According to her, this software was developed with the intent of encouraging patients to become successful CPAP/APAP users (as opposed to recording compliance for insurance purposes). She cited stats that only slightly more than 50% of patients who start out on CPAP/APAP therapy manage to continue. So, in addition to to the very basic data cited by other posters above, there are support videos, tracking milestones and other stuff designed to keep you going in your therapy regimen. It was never meant to supply comprehensive data; Respironics users should buy EncoreViewer ($100!) or download Onkor (Windows ony) or SleepyHead (Mac or Windows) to view more detailed information. I'm a new Respironics System One Auto user, and just downloaded SleepyHead, which seems to work great.

The data is the same that is sent to providers via the cellular modem attached to some units. If you do have a modem attached to your unit, then you can specify that the data is sent to your SleepMapper account. You can download a Mac or Windows SD card reader application that will allow you to plug your SD card into your computer to acquire the same data. Lastly, you can buy a Bluetooth module that snaps onto the back of your unit (in place of the cellular modem, you can't have both) that will send the data directly to your iOS or Android mobile device.

I agree with others posting here, though. The data you can view with SleepMapper is no more detailed than what you can simply read off the LCD panel. So, if you don't need any more encouragement to use your CPAP/APAP, then SleepMapper is probably not going to be helpful to you.

Annoyed-and-disappointed OK, time to quit bashing Sleepmapper and the misguided OP, and let's fast forward please.

Your points are succintly right on target - what is the goal here? Your first par says it all. To my observation "Therapy Hours" reported on the machine seem to be of questionable value, beyond insurance status in that it does not seem to distinguish between meaningful sleep or simply keeping the mask on while I do anything else – I am now managing 5 hrs real sleep per night after past years of giving up on going beyond 1½ hours (joining that 50%).

OK, I installed Sleepyhead and transfered data to it. What am I supposed to do with it? - I have no intentions of devoting my days to fumbling in a field that needs to be guided by the professionals and paid non the less.

The value of transfer of data to my cell phone's indecipherable screen really escapes me.

Two successive M.D.s have provided no guidance other than collecting their Medicare billings. Likewise DME Apria is great on delivering hardware that I select and order.

The benefit however is that I can now, finally, stay awake through the day and drive safely, that's the original goal as I see it. Therapy Regimen? - WHAT Regimen; WHAT therapy other than surviving another night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh my poor misguided friend...

You must stop all your fumbling, and get some basics down.

Sleepyhead is the best program for xpap stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 05:23 PM)afriedma Wrote: Lastly, you can buy a Bluetooth module that snaps onto the back of your unit (in place of the cellular modem, you can't have both) that will send the data directly to your iOS or Android mobile device.

The data delivered by the bluetooth modem is just as limited as the data delivered via wireless. I forget the exact details, but it's something like compliance hours and some limited nightly averages.

(03-28-2015, 12:25 AM)sleepysteve Wrote: OK, I installed Sleepyhead and transfered data to it. What am I supposed to do with it? - I have no intentions of devoting my days to fumbling in a field that needs to be guided by the professionals and paid non the less.

The value of transfer of data to my cell phone's indecipherable screen really escapes me.

Two successive M.D.s have provided no guidance other than collecting their Medicare billings. Likewise DME Apria is great on delivering hardware that I select and order.

The benefit however is that I can now, finally, stay awake through the day and drive safely, that's the original goal as I see it. Therapy Regimen? - WHAT Regimen; WHAT therapy other than surviving another night?

The problem is that 75% of the doctors, if not more, only check whether you're using the CPAP machines enough to get insurance to pay, and ignore the data that's collected. Most of the remaining doctors simply look at the nightly AHI numbers.

Unfortunately, if you want your CPAP therapy to be managed right, you need something like SleepyHead and you will have to manage it yourself. You can try going to your doctor, but they're mostly performing assembly line medicine and will simply tell you to tough it out.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not a SleepMapper advocate, but I do think that some posters here unnecessarily bash it as merely intended for insurance compliance. It is clearly designed to give the most basic information to users in order to help keep them going. For the folks who tend to frequent apnea forums, SleepMapper is probably inadequate. But it is important to note that a significant fraction of apnea patients are apparently not continuing with their xPAP therapy, so anything to encourage them seems like a good thing.

SleepyHead goes into more detail than I probably need, but it is quite instructive to me when events occur during the night (for me, most events occur in the hour or two before waking up). It is also very helpful to me to see the pressure profile across the night. My System One unit is set for 12cm min, 20 cm max. My previous CPAP machine was originally set at 12 cm, but my doc decided to try it at 18cm. That is a huge difference for me, as 18cm feels like air is blasting into me, and I need a humidifier to keep from drying out. 12cm feels gentle, and I usually don't use the humidifier at that setting. SleepyHead shows that my APAP never goes over 14cm, and averages a little over 13cm through the night. So, that is instructive, and it informs me that I don't need to humidify if I don't want to.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 112 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,250 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 247 03-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 600 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 178 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 252 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,424 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.