Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEW PHILLIPS SOFTWARE FOR HOME USE
RE: NEW PHILLIPS SOFTWARE FOR HOME USE
I also tried this software as recently as 2 weeks ago. It doesn't show you anything you can't see on your machine every morning. There is no detailed information and no graphs. I deleted it and only use Sleepyhead and EncoreBasic.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It probably fills a need for people who want to see their data but who do not want to be bothered by flow rate and all that. They get the basic information in big huge font.

But no way in heck is it "professional software, instead of iffy home brewed freeware".
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 05:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It probably fills a need for people who want to see their data but who do not want to be bothered by flow rate and all that. They get the basic information in big huge font.

But no way in heck is it "professional software, instead of iffy home brewed freeware".

It falls between the "here's your machine, just do what we (didn't) tell you, and touch nothing", and the "I want to know all there is to know about my condition" people like us using that "home brewed yummy stuff".

Hey just think, there was a time when Jeff Bezos and Amazon were a "home brewed iffy company started in a garage", same to be said of Bill Gates, Microsoft, and Steve Jobs, Apple. Here's to home brewed Jedi Mark for someday!

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, my apologies to the authors of any freeware for my offense; I could not manage to download (Mac), install, or launch, and gave up. Perhaps it was just my own operator error. This was straightforward and works immediately and runs in the background. But, for full info, I take the SD card to my physician, let them download the full data and leave it to him to interpret and discuss with me. I have no understanding, let alone expertise nor want to get involved in the finer points as long as I can only now finally get some sleep.

The physicians have been faulting me for not using it enough hours and only now can I guage how I am doing in the absence of any assistance from them They just refer me to the DME), let alone the DME supplier.

As to the machine's info for Therapy Hours, I have problems with it beaking up the data if the session is interupted or turned on/off or during time of day use, e.g. naps. I find that with the P-R app., whether or not it is new or I am just now learning of it which is no doubt the case, it clearly displays and itemizes each day's hours and AHI's which meets my needs as I know them. The full info from the SD card is IMHO best left to the professional.

I called P-R and asked about displaying or printing ad hoc reports and was told they are working on added features including that. Who knows when, but it works well such as it is.

Again, my apologies for the offense to the dedicated public domain authors.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 10:05 PM)sleepysteve Wrote: First, my apologies to the authors of any freeware for my offense; I could not manage to download (Mac), install, or launch, and gave up. Perhaps it was just my own operator error. This was straightforward and works immediately and runs in the background. But, for full info, I take the SD card to my physician, let them download the full data and leave it to him to interpret and discuss with me. I have no understanding, let alone expertise nor want to get involved in the finer points as long as I can only now finally get some sleep.

The physicians have been faulting me for not using it enough hours and only now can I guage how I am doing in the absence of any assistance from them They just refer me to the DME), let alone the DME supplier.

As to the machine's info for Therapy Hours, I have problems with it beaking up the data if the session is interupted or turned on/off or during time of day use, e.g. naps. I find that with the P-R app., whether or not it is new or I am just now learning of it which is no doubt the case, it clearly displays and itemizes each day's hours and AHI's which meets my needs as I know them. The full info from the SD card is IMHO best left to the professional.

I called P-R and asked about displaying or printing ad hoc reports and was told they are working on added features including that. Who knows when, but it works well such as it is.

Again, my apologies for the offense to the dedicated public domain authors.

No problem I dont imagine. And welcome.

Oh quoted in bold. Youll soon learn better than that sort of thinking I imagineLaugh-a-lot

Took me about a week to change my mind on that one Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Just remember one thing; no one is more concerned about your treatment, and if you think otherwise, you are mistaken. So "that full info" is best used by the person most concerned about you. That should be you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 11:46 AM)Galactus Wrote: You know I also think it bears mentioning that this is not really new. And though it may not be "home brewed" as the OP says, I think we can all agree that the Home Brewers and the Micro Brewers usually have the best stuff. In all honesty though that site has some nice videos and some good informational information but the actual data it shows is not much more, if anything more than what the machine actually tells you on it's own. It's certainly better than nothing, and not knowing anything about your therapy or getting involved in at all. However it is still far less useful than the software most of us are using, and all of us should be using.

If anyone is seriously interested in the above software and would like I guess I could sign up again review it and post the information and screen shots.

Well folks, I must apologize and sleepily eat some Christmas crow. After my initial and premature enthusiatic first day or two of using SleepMapper I have to agree. I should point out as I may have, I only wanted to see the number of hours per day's usage and number of AHI's, leaving any potential changes to the pulminary physician.

I find that while it graphs the hours nicely, that's about all. The AHI figure shows only for the current day. You can't print a table of data (I called them to confirm) and it is little more than just a pretty face.

I have been struggling with CPAP for two years (had given up until September) and have been unable to successfully even load and launch SH so I thought I had found my first ray of success. Perturbed

Happy Holidays, sorry to bother you.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey sleepysteve, Happy Holidays to you as well. Don't give up, if you need help with sleepyhead let us know between us we can get it installed for you and we are happy to help you, it's no bother at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All,
I'm new here, using CPAP 3+ year now. Just registered, downloaded from apple Sad- can't find it or even start to use it?
So that's how far I got. Maybe the software here is better? I have a number of Sleep disorders and need the daily reports by month of hours and duration of sleep.
When I got my machine everyone told me "You will feel so much better" - sadly that did not happen because I have more serious sleep disorders. I was and still 100% compliant from day one.
My medical supplier used to print out the monthly reports for me....now I get the first and last page, No daily by month details Sad which I need desperately)...
Comments Please,
Sincerely
PS: Suggestion if the machine with 100% compliance does not improve your sleep, please look further.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2014, 01:56 AM)ranger100 Wrote: Hello All,
I'm new here, using CPAP 3+ year now. Just registered, downloaded from apple Sad- can't find it or even start to use it?
So that's how far I got. Maybe the software here is better? I have a number of Sleep disorders and need the daily reports by month of hours and duration of sleep.
When I got my machine everyone told me "You will feel so much better" - sadly that did not happen because I have more serious sleep disorders. I was and still 100% compliant from day one.
My medical supplier used to print out the monthly reports for me....now I get the first and last page, No daily by month details Sad which I need desperately)...
Comments Please,
Sincerely
PS: Suggestion if the machine with 100% compliance does not improve your sleep, please look further.

A FEW UPDATES ARE DUE ON MY PART"

1. To Ranger 100 you can find Phillips SleepMapper at sleepmapper.com. Easy to use but as I and numerous others before me enlightened me, it will onle provide convenient daily (only) Hours, AHI, and mask fit data; and a culmative bar graph (mysleepmapper.com, after registered) of hours. No reports.
2. My experience with what is one of the largest national DME's is that while they are splendid on delivery of supplies and equipment (so are UPS and FedEx), they are less than helpful (a generous description at that) at providing respiratory services. I go to my M.D.'s office for reports from the SD card by the assistants staff.
3. For more complete and convenient reports use Sleepyhead (SH). HUH? Yes, you heard that from me. See #4.
4.To Galactus, I thank you for your encouragement and kind words. I went back and tried to execute SH for the nth time and this time got a splendid report. My adverse prior comments were a result of utter frustration which I find were a combination of my own pilot's error and also what I feel is a shortcoming in SH's confusing display of download instructions/ directions, but that may be me my fault again.

Anyway, SH provides complete data and this forum in the SH Thread defines what that data might mean to those that can fathom it. Beyond that, however, I suggest no one try to adjust their machines themselves other than user controls.

I received my current CPAP machine after a fiasco in which a prior M.D. prescribed wrong BPAP machine in October 2012, struggled with it for 3 months (to qualify for Medicare payment) and subsequently threw it on the shelf. I tried again late last summer but couldn't tolerate the mask fromt the useless, mercifully nameless, DME who fitted it like a shoe salseman at the local discount cheap shoe place.

In september I had another round of serious surgery and the hospital fitted me with a mask while I was under anesthesia that I discovered in the recovery room actually works!

Since then (29 days' usage) I have had a half dozen splendid days of 4 to 6 hours (zounds!) of restful sleep but still average only 3½ hrs. per day due to the fluctuating humidity (Rainout) tube heat and gosh knows how many other variables, combined with any pulminary issues I might have. For example, I find using it and napping in my pricey LazBoy recliner works very well as a last resort, while lying down even in an inclined bed is erratic.

So, the bottom line, Ranger, is that if the elusive benefits were something of lesser importance, I would have been at the head of the line at the recycling center with my machine, but it demands infinite patience and discussions to get it to work. But then, those sporadic days make it all worthwhile.

Someone once told me anecdotally that the paramedic or coroners' teams frequently find the victim's/patient's CPAP machine neatly stored on his closet shelf.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 126 11 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 129 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,932 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,333 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 869 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.