Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEW TO CPAP AND FORUM
RE: NEW TO CPAP AND FORUM
Wow. You will definitely want to tweak your pressure to achieve better results... and *anything* would be better than that. That's what an UNtreated sleep apnea night would look like.

You'll get the help here that you very clearly need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Kijabekid! You're in good hands with these two helping you, that's for sure! You're last results already sound sooooo much better than the first one you posted. Wow!!

Just an extra tip. You might want to remove the pie chart from the view to enable some more data to show up down below. Go into your sttings and then view, then turn off the pie chart.

Take care!
Post Reply Post Reply
Marillion may have a different version of SleepyHead than I have. In my version to turn off the pie chart; open the file menu, select preferences, then select the appearance tab, and uncheck the box for pie chart
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2017, 12:45 PM)Melman Wrote: Marillion may have a different version of SleepyHead than I have. In my version to turn off the pie chart; open the file menu, select preferences, then select the appearance tab, and uncheck the box for pie chart

Melman I think you are correct in your more precise description of where to go to effect the changes.  I was just speaking in general about changing the view and did not have the software in front of me.  Thanks for correcting me!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2017, 09:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: DB, I missed that Kijabekid was from AU. Yes, I think we may need to help him source an ASV, either the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt, or Aircurve 10 ASV.  I'm sure we can help him dial it in on the forum saving the cost of an expensive ASV study.  Unfortunately, it won't be cheap, but that price on Supplier #2 sounds very encouraging.

Thanks for getting in here and explaining how it works there.

surprisingly enough, the sleep study and titration at a public hospital is free, as well as the doctor fees. If low income/pension the ASV would be free. It's if you are employed, the aussie gov has no interest in providing a machine too. it's out of your own pocket or some money back on insurance.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ajack. I was not aware you could get a machine for free. Would you go through Centrelink?

I never had anything to do with them until my father got sick - they were an absolute bloody nightmare. I would hate to try and get an ASV out of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I have sorted out the Imgur images and have posted the 3 days of reports below.  Unforutnately I am at work and can not update these to get rid of the pie charts but I will do so when I need to post next time

[Image: IHeGhext.png]

[Image: TX82QtSt.png]

[Image: c78ECzOt.png]

thanks again for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2017, 07:54 PM)ajack Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 09:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: DB, I missed that Kijabekid was from AU. Yes, I think we may need to help him source an ASV, either the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt, or Aircurve 10 ASV.  I'm sure we can help him dial it in on the forum saving the cost of an expensive ASV study.  Unfortunately, it won't be cheap, but that price on [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #2 sounds very encouraging.

Thanks for getting in here and explaining how it works there.

surprisingly enough, the sleep study and titration at a public hospital is free, as well as the doctor fees. If low income/pension the ASV would be free. It's if you are employed, the aussie gov has no interest in providing a machine too. it's out of your own pocket or some money back on insurance.

Yeah, I work full time, Centrelink is fairly much useless to me. The government does not offer any assistance, just taxes me like I am an ATM on legs.....

I note on my last post the images were very small, I thought they would be a link.  Bellow is the larger images. Thanks!

[Image: IHeGhexh.png]

[Image: TX82QtSh.png]

[Image: c78ECzOh.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Kijabekid, I think your problem is not entirely pressure related. The obstructive pattery you are showing is common in people that need to work on keeping their head, and neck aligned to avoid obstructing the airway. Options that other members have used to good effect are soft cervical collar, or a buckwheat chaff pillow. Either way, the objective is to avoid letting the chin tuck towards your chest as might happen with a firm pillow that lifts your head but doesn't support the neck, or on your side, when you just let the chin slump. This can have a remarkable affect on the airway that no positive air pressure can overcome. Your events are so concentrated and numerous, that I just can't imagine another mechanism that might be suspect. In addition, you suddenly have a night where the flow limitation and OA magically disappear.

Think about what solution might work best for you. We really don't want to impose pressure to resolve this, if an ergonimic pillow, soft foam cervical collar or other supportive device can do the job. I can't really read the charts at that resolution, but it looks like a pressure increase may be in order.

When posting images use the huge thumbnail option and cop the BBCode link. looks like this without spaces.[img ]http://i.imgur.com/K256c5Rh.png[/img]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the third night the mode was changed from CPAP (fixed pressure) to APAP and all the events disappeared. This is obviously your sweet spot. However you do need to work out what happened on those other nights - whether chin tucking was going on as SR suggested. That can make a huge difference to your ability to suck air down into the lungs.

What impresses me is the almost total absence of central apneas, despite the large number recorded in your original study. I'm really starting to wonder about that study - too many strange things happening here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,701 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.