Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Problems
Mask Problems
Hi there - haven't been around for a while - long illness but am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - anyhoo.....what are your thoughts on the dreamwear and resmed N30i? I have used both - currently using the N30i. Both masks leave a permanent dent in my hair - the dreamwear I can put a headband on there to help with it but it doesn't seem to be working with the resmed however - with the resmed, I'm now getting dry red patches next to the nostrils and between the eyebrows..I'm figuring it's the air blowing directly onto these places. If I have the mask too tight I get strap marks, if too loose, lots of air loss. Putting a barrier cream on seems to help protect the skin from the air. I like the feel of the resmed more than the dreamwear but I think going back to the dreamwear would be the better option as I wasn't getting those red dry patches because of how the mask sits under the nose rather and the slight curve the resmed has.

So basically, what I'm asking is has anyone experienced the redness? Have you cured it? Have you managed to stop the dent in your hair?

Many thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 1,999 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 167 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,837 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,562 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 995 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 461 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.