Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEWBIE : Newly Diagnosed 39YO Male with an AHI of 74.1
RE: NEWBIE : Newly Diagnosed 39YO Male with an AHI of 74.1
(07-10-2019, 07:03 PM)lemonbomb Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 07:23 AM)ajack Wrote: There has been an improvement since you sorted some positional stuff. Your median and 95% numbers look better.

My Numbers have been going down, it was 3.89 two nights ago and last night it was 2.87. I dont' know what is going on but of course I'm happy Smile ,I'm just curious why. Maybe my body is getting used to having a CPAP? This is my 7th night on the machine. 

Congratulations!  Definitely, your numbers do improve when your body gets used to sleeping with your machine.  In fact, it takes time for any changes in settings to be fully apparent with regards to your AHI numbers.  But keep in mind not to chase that AHI number too much.  What matters most is how you feel.  Someone that achieves a 0 on an AHI score may not get as restful a sleep as someone getting single digits below 5!   What matters most is how restful your sleep is and how you feel the next day, beyond that AHI score.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lemonbomb,
WELCOME! to the forum!.
It sounds like you are off to a good start with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2019, 11:20 AM)prandelicious Wrote: Where did you buy the Dreamwear mask? Is it the Fitpack kit?

Yup got the DW Nasal Cushion Fit Pack from Supplier #14, with a 20% discount. There are always discounts just Google them. Also the fit pack is useful since we live so far and the 30 day return policy doesn't cover international. Or you can try to go-to a local distributor for fitting and buy it online.

Also I bought the DW Nasal Gel Pillow since you can just swap out that one part.
Take control of your machine
pick your weapon (ResScan/ OSCAR)
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2019, 12:25 PM)Marillion Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 07:03 PM)lemonbomb Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 07:23 AM)ajack Wrote: There has been an improvement since you sorted some positional stuff. Your median and 95% numbers look better.

My Numbers have been going down, it was 3.89 two nights ago and last night it was 2.87. I dont' know what is going on but of course I'm happy Smile ,I'm just curious why. Maybe my body is getting used to having a CPAP? This is my 7th night on the machine. 

Congratulations!  Definitely, your numbers do improve when your body gets used to sleeping with your machine.  In fact, it takes time for any changes in settings to be fully apparent with regards to your AHI numbers.  But keep in mind not to chase that AHI number too much.  What matters most is how you feel.  Someone that achieves a 0 on an AHI score may not get as restful a sleep as someone getting single digits below 5!   What matters most is how restful your sleep is and how you feel the next day, beyond that AHI score.

Totally agree! But I still love feeling out on my numbers Wink
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2019, 07:08 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi lemonbomb,
WELCOME! to the forum!.
It sounds like you are off to a good start with your CPAP therapy.

Yes thanks to all the input. When you get your machine for the 1st time you want it to immediately be a life changing experience. But apparently it's not right away. And I can certainly understand why some people would give up if not steered the right way. Thankfully I was able to accelerate the process by all the helpful inputs here. I can't imagine having to suffer thru the wrong setting until I meet with my doctor or DME?!?
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 745 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 126 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 208 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 187 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 510 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 123 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 210 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.