Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEWBIE SD Card Question
NEWBIE SD Card Question
Hi All! I'm about to use OSCAR for the first time. 
I just want to know if I will lose the data that is on the sd card once I've looked at it in the OSCAR program?
I'm a little apprehensive about this.

Thank you for any info, Mori
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEWBIE SD Card Question
If the data on the SD card is your PAP data for OSCAR, it's safe. If there's any non-PAP data, it'll need to be removed/saved elsewhere. At least I do it that way, dedicate the SD card to sleep data only.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR only reads the data on the SD card, it never writes or erases anything on your SD card.

If in doubt, you can slide the 'Write Lock' tab to the lock position - although not all card readers honour that tab. But with OSCAR, you are safe.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Oh yes, it is strictly for my CPAP. Thanks for your reply
Post Reply Post Reply
You got a better answer from pholynyk...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2020, 05:14 PM)Mori Wrote: Hi All! I'm about to use OSCAR for the first time. 
I just want to know if I will lose the data that is on the sd card once I've looked at it in the OSCAR program?
I'm a little apprehensive about this.

Thank you for any info, Mori

Will I be able to get data for the last 3 months and can I print it out? 
I need it for my DOT physical.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have had the SD card in your machine for the last three months, OSCAR can print out the data (or create a pdf file). I think a three month Overview would be most useful, but I'm not sure what information the US DOT requires.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2020, 05:41 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If you have had the SD card in your machine for the last three months, OSCAR can print out the data (or create a pdf file). I think a three month Overview would be most useful, but I'm not sure what information the US DOT requires.

Oh Yes!! Thats the answer I was hoping for! You made my day!!! Thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Newbie to CPAP but going to use OSCAR Jimmy Lotus 4 710 08-31-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar Newbie looking for help weldon123 6 1,025 08-24-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Nehpets
  Oscar newbie here needtobreath 2 438 08-23-2023, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  Newbie. Airsense 11 SD card DeputyDawgAtl 20 12,067 05-15-2022, 06:14 AM
  Newbie trying to install OSCAR on old MAC gabsleep 5 880 03-26-2022, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.