Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NIGHT # 1with new Philips 60 Aflex
NIGHT # 1with new Philips 60 Aflex
Good day I just bought a new Philips Res. Auto A-Flex 60. I have a Remstar Pro which is 10-11 years old. I run that pressure at 4.3 or so. I preset my new one min 4 max 20. I use the swift FX nasal pillow. I ran my old system with the humidifier off but with water in the chamber and going to start off my new system with water but no heater.

It has a SD card in the machine, when should I download the data and post on this site to see if I have things correct. I have a SleepyHead installed

Sleep-well

Here we go
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NIGHT # 1with new Philips 60 Aflex
Congrats on the new machine. I had the old M-series and I think you'll find the PRS1 60 Series is light years ahead of your previous machine. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.

I'm not optimistic you will like the pressure setting of 4-20. I would recommend setting the minimum pressure at 2 cmH2O less than your previous CPAP pressure, and letting the auto algorithm work from there. Setting minimum pressure too low will allow many OA, H and flow limitations to progress before the machine can increase pressure, and I think you will find the lower pressure stressful, if you are used to a higher CPAP pressure.

FWIW the ST1300, is a nice bike but you might want to look at the FJR 1300. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2016, 06:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Congrats on the new machine. I would recommend setting the minimum pressure at 2 cmH2O less than your previous CPAP pressure, and letting the auto algorithm work from there.

FWIW the ST1300, is a nice bike but you might want to look at the FJR 1300. Smile

My deceased friend had a 2004 FJR (*****Cancer) and we had a blast biking around with our other friend who has a 2008 Hayabusa.. I would love to buy a FJR but at 56 I may need to slow down soon. BUT this June coming the Hayabusa friend and I should be driving from here in Nova Scotia to Reno. We went to Reno back in 2012 for a Hayabusa rally which was ok but ..... So I left him there and went to San Diego by myself. 3 weeks 14400km .

Back to the new machine. How do I reduce my pressure below 4? I tried but goes to 20.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to ask a question about the A-Flex section. There are 2 options in there

A-Flex 1 2 3
A-Flex demo 1 2 3
I read about the pressure relief when exhaling

I set mine for A-Flex 1 is that to low?

I also do not really understand the A-Flex demo part. Can someone explain it to me

Post Reply Post Reply
I need 4 more post to attach a link

picture of me at the Bonneville Salt flats on our way home. Left Reno Sunday at 7am and landed home Friday evening 7pm
6 replies
7 one more to go
8 last one
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ST1300,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and CONGRATULATIONS! on the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
While you're waiting to post a link, I'll do one of mine.

[Image: 293042Medium.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2016, 07:10 PM)ST1300 Wrote: Back to the new machine. How do I reduce my pressure below 4? I tried but goes to 20.

BTW very sorry to hear about your friend. I'm 62 and this has become too common for me. At 56, don't slow down unless you see a speed trap. You have a long way to go.

I was not suggesting reducing minimum pressure. I don't know what your settings were before, but chances are you need a minimum pressure of at least 6, and probably considerably higher.

This shows how to access the clinical menu to change pressures. http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
And...it's reallly easy to increase your post count: Yosemite

[Image: IMG_4192a.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2016, 08:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: While you're waiting to post a link, I'll do one of mine.
Deals Gap?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,840 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,188 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,125 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.