Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NIGHT # 1with new Philips 60 Aflex
RE: NIGHT # 1with new Philips 60 Aflex
(02-11-2016, 10:47 PM)stevewerth Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 08:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: While you're waiting to post a link, I'll do one of mine.
Deals Gap?

Why, yes! I could post the other coast.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First things first. I love my 07 ST. I bought it new May 2007.

How does my results look after 1 night

only 200.. I cannot even attach my photobucket pictures of the results. I hope someone can look and evaluate my results. I going to up my min pressure to 5

[attachment=2146]

Post Reply Post Reply
[img][Image: 1st%20night%206_zpscr8geaql.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 1st%20%20night%205_zpsvi9ttvzo.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 1st%20night%204_zpshyi0sxzj.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 1st%20night%202_zpsum5pyyz5.jpg][/img]

Post Reply Post Reply

[Image: 658BoneyvilleSaltFlats.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a message that my account is blocked or suspended .... i hope not

Any help would be appreciated on my results

I caught a stuffed up runny nose today. Test for the machine tonight
Post Reply Post Reply
Just want to let you know that you won't reap much benefit to a setting of Aflex1 with your low start pressure of 4cm.

The AFlex settings will give you an exhale pressure relief of 2cm. The relief pressure will kick in after you are at a pressure of 6.

With that said, I think your minimum start pressure should be 6, not just for the AFlex benefit, but because for 95% of the night, your pressure was at 8cm. This may help bring your AHI down too.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2016, 08:44 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Just want to let you know that you won't reap much benefit to a setting of Aflex1 with your low start pressure of 4cm.

The AFlex settings will give you an exhale pressure relief of 2cm. The relief pressure will kick in after you are at a pressure of 6.

With that said, I think your minimum start pressure should be 6, not just for the AFlex benefit, but because for 95% of the night, your pressure was at 8cm. This may help bring your AHI down too.

Thank you for your reply.
I'll put my AFlex on 2 and my min pressure to 6

I used to have a Remstar Pro which was all manual

Good people here... Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
I think AFlex 2 is a good place to start. It can always be adjusted.

The AFlex setting gives you a reduction of 2cm no matter if set on 1,2 or 3, with extra relief based on flow rate.
I was looking for a better explanation of the AFlex settings and how they work. Here is a post that may help explain. Post #3 by vsheline.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid145923
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. Ready for bed now. 1030 here
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept good last night. I only woke up once as far as I can remember because of dreams.... many dreams. I guess that is a good thing .

My AHI was 3.11 but the Hypopnea was more than 50% of the pie graph. Is that a good thing?.

any help would be appreciated.

[img][Image: Feb%2013%20Stats%20again_zpsgetnijjt.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: Feb%2013%20graphs_zpssuy3udwh.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: Feb%2013%20AHI_zpshhc4ziv1.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: Feb%2013%20Stats_zpszebepj0u.jpg][/img]

Thanks for all the help and comments.

Should I leave my machine set this way or should I tweak it a bit more.

Also am I giving to much info on here or not enough?
ThanksThanksI-love-Apnea-BoardI-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 55 4,899 Yesterday, 02:12 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,211 Yesterday, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,274 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,830 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,892 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 475 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,232 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.