Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NOOB Operator Error
NOOB Operator Error
Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum and to CPAP use.  I downloaded OSCAR last week and was blown away by the quality and content of this application.  I also requested (and received) a copy of the Clinician Manual for my DreamStation DSX500 machine, jumped right in and made a few changes, realized after an hour of use that my changes were awful and reset changes back to where I thought they were before I messed with it.  

The 'post reset' daily data in OSCAR seems to reflect the changes I made.  The graph details look the same however the machine setup info in the AHI Summary is not the same as when I started.

To be specific, I changed my setup from Auto to CPAP.  I tried that for an hour and decided that was a mistake.  I went back in and changed it back to Auto, along with corresponding ramp changes.  The data for that night showed up as CPAP in the description in the AHI Summary box which is totally understandable since that is how that night began.  

However, it continues to show as:

Philips Respironics DreamStation
Auto CPAP
PAP Mode: CPAP
Min 4 Max 20 (cmH2O)

Prior to the changes the Summary shows:

Philips Respironics DreamStation
Auto CPAP
PAP Mode: APAP (Variable)
Min 4 Max 20 (cmH2O)

In addition, the pressure changes in the Overview have not been recording for the Variable APAP since I made the changes, however, the Statistics View did correctly pick up the last changes made to the Prescription Settings.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to get the software and hardware back in sync?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NOOB Operator Error
Try doing a reset of your machine. Just unplug from the power source, wait a few minutes and plug back in.
If you need help or advice on your data, please post a screenshot of your daily page here.

Follow the directions below in my signature line.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestion.  I will remember to try that first in the future. 

For now the problem seems to have corrected itself - a case of 'two wrongs makes a right', maybe Smile . I forgot to move the SD switch back to the unlocked position after importing data into OSCAR yesterday.  I didn't realize it until I took the SD card out of the machine this morning.  I remembered reading somewhere on this site that the SD Card could be reinserted and Summary Data at least would be written to the card and potentially a lot more depending on the machine and version of Software.  I did that, imported the data into OSCAR and not only did all the data appear to be there but the correct setup for the machine and the APAP pressure values was now indicated.

Not sure if this had the same effect as turning off the machine or not but the problem seems to be resolved.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good, glad you got that resolved. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 108 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,017 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 390 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 226 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 262 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 360 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 824 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.