Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NOSE BLEED
NOSE BLEED
Been using my machine now without the humidifier for about 4 weeks and found that when I got up to the bathroom last night, I had a bleeding nose.

Anyone else had this issue

My brother says he has

Also my AHI is now below 1 - amazing
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NOSE BLEED
Hi worthog,
I use to get nosebleeds before I started CPAP but I no longer get them because I use humidity; sometimes if you have very dry heat, that makes your nose bleed because there isn't enough humidity in the air and the humidification on the CPAP machine can hel keep moisture in your nostriles.
Of course, YMMV.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Get your GP have a look, perhaps you need to use the humidifier at the correct level.
Some might recommend saline sinus rinse, the kit available from your chemist

Post Reply Post Reply
you can use Ayr in your nose (with aloe vera) to keep your nose from drying out. A humidifier is a must for me! Climate line tubing too!
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently switched masks and for the first four nights, had nose bleeds in the mornings. Not pleasant. Part of it was due to the air was hitting different part of my nose. I really think different masks help/hinder humidification differently. I turned the humidifier up for a few nights then slowly turned it back down.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 173 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 650 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 467 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.