Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Eye swelling
Eye swelling
The bags under my eyes are so swollen in a morning I can’t put my glasses on.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I have a full face mask and I get this issue whether there is leakage or not from the machine.  Any clues how to fix it.  I have been putting a cooling mask on eyes when wake up.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Eye swelling
Tgis started happening to me when I switched to a ResMed Aircurve machine back in September. I have lowered my pressure and seems to help a little bit, but would like to hear if there are any other remedies for this out there?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I have the same problem. I believe this is because the mask straps block lymphatic vessels in the face. Liquid can no longer drain. Hence, the swelling. I have tried to upholster the straps, so that they become wider and less blocking. Moderate success. I want to try a Resmed n30i mask tonight. This mask has somewhat wider tubing in the face, and not straps. Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
I get this too, not exactly bags, but puffy circles under my eyes. I also blame the strapping !
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a hybrid full face mask brings somewhat of an improvement. Just in case that the rim of the mask is the culprit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found these two studies on the authoritative Pubmed site:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4342174/
https://academic.oup.com/sleep/article/4...ogin=false
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ital Thai, that is information I can share with people I care for.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am happy to be able to help ;o)
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting reading, thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Puffiness and Swelling readyforsleep 7 1,879 09-19-2022, 09:15 AM
Last Post: SleepyGal2
  Nasal swelling/congestion after 3~5 hrs with CPAP, will steroid nasal spray work? ronragus 7 1,312 03-17-2022, 10:04 AM
Last Post: hegel
  [Diagnosis] swelling about the eyes chrisrutledge 3 1,540 12-09-2018, 02:46 AM
Last Post: ardenum
  Sinus Swelling Preventing ASV Use NM Kaz 8 1,872 11-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile Hello. Newbie here with mask pain/swelling issues Snoozygirl 5 1,526 05-26-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Snoozygirl
  [CPAP] Nasal swelling while using pillows Wellington 5 1,964 09-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Wellington
  [Symptoms] weight gain and swelling doll 6 2,460 09-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.