Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Admin Note Wrote:4/24/19 Admin Note:

OSCAR now live at:

https://www.SleepFiles.com/OSCAR

We are formally establishing a proper and legal fork on GitLab in March (no guarantees) with the name OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter of the now-closed SleepyHead project.  Mark Watkins, aka jedimark, is the author of SleepyHead which is the foundation of this Fork and as such we will be forever grateful.  The initial release, OSCAR v.1.0.0, will have minimal changes from SleepyHead v 1.1.0 and is primarily to establish the fork of SleepyHead.  Once we release we will announce a published a link to the source in accordance with the GPL version 3.  The following release will have bugfixes, translations, and perhaps some enhancements added. 

Development for OSCAR is being performed by a group of developers from the Apnea Community, comprised of some of the same individuals that have contributed to previous versions of SleepyHead and others that have not, including individuals from multiple forums and multiple nationalities, in other words OSCAR is being developed by volunteers who are working on developing the worlds best, most complete, with more models being compatible, than any other product in the world.  We can always use more Developers, Translators, Documenters, and Testers.  If you would like to contribute to this project please contact us on this forum thread Leadership-roles-in-the-AST-group-how-to-join-who-to-contact

Fred Bonjour
Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR
RE: OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
Heartfelt thanks to everyone working on this project and, of course, to Mark Watkins.
Sleepless No More
Fred, allow me to thank you, Phil, Arie and the rest of the AST group for all the preliminary work on OSCAR you've already completed.

I went ahead and put a red "notice" tag on your thread here to get a bit more attention.

On behalf of Apnea Board, we all really appreciate the hard work and dedication that you all are already demonstrating towards this new project.

I do want our forum members to know that we wholeheartedly support the AST group and their OSCAR project.   Our forum staff will do all within our power to help provide as many resources to the AST group as we can.

Looking forward to OSCAR 1.0.0 in March!   Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Nevermind, found the answer in the other thatth.
V1.1.0 has additional machines and oximetry defined and the team which includes many people that were working on it determined that v1.1.0 Was the better option to fork.
Is there anyway to donate to help defray the costs of developing the software? I would be glad to help out.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
There will not be a Donate button in OSCAR. So far, the changes to create OSCAR have been minimal; the re-branding required has taken the most time and effort. In addition, the team is pretty informal, and has not the means nor desire to get into the accounting required to handle donations.

Phil Olynyk, Lead Developer
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Mitch we made a conscious decision to remove the Donation link in OSCAR though we appreciate the offer.  

What we do need is volunteers, and we need a wide variety of skills.  The roles we need help in are, well, all of them.  This is a community based project and it is help from the community that will see us through.  This is not a one and done project, it is intended to be out there for a long time and active support is part of what it takes.
Developer - Packager (placing the compiled into a downloadable installable/runnable package for our users) 
Tester
Translator
Documentor 

Fred Bonjour - Project Manager, Lead Tester
OThanks for the explanations Phil and Fred. While I can manage our personal devices and home network, I don’t think I have the advanced skills you are looking for. About all I can do is give moral support and say thanks for making sure cpap users have the software we need to monitor our treatment.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
I tested a lot of locally designed software during my government careers - so you can sign me up as a tester!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 578 Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 527 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,792 Yesterday, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 384 Yesterday, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 166 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 178 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 231 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.