Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
RE: OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
He even unfriended me on Facebook. That's cold!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I, and quite a few others in my same situation, rely/relied on Sleepyhead for the compliance reports.

I'm assuming OSCAR will support the same formatting? Specifically - we need to show compliance data >6 hrs, not the more usual 4. Sleepyhead allows us to set the formatting so it counts compliance at the hours we require vs the default 4 that a lot of insurance companies require.

2 questions:

Will OSCAR be able to generate reports showing days with >6 hrs for the last 12 months?

I did see there was an expected release sometime this month. Is that still the case?

I'll probably load OSCAR and print reports from it and SH to compare side by side. We use these compliance reports for annual FAA requirements. FAA requires a 12 month report of compliance data and also requires 6 hrs/night vs 4 that a lot of insurance plans require.

Thanks.
At this point OSCAR will offer the same reports as SleepyHead v1.1.0
Perhaps a compliance specific report can be made in the future but at this time there are no changes.
(03-08-2019, 11:51 AM)KSMatthew Wrote: I did see there was an expected release sometime this month.  Is that still the case?

That is still the plan, according to the AST group leaders, yes.

(03-08-2019, 11:51 AM)KSMatthew Wrote: I'll probably load OSCAR and print reports from it and SH to compare side by side.  We use these compliance reports for annual FAA requirements.  FAA requires a 12 month report of compliance data and also requires 6 hrs/night vs 4 that a lot of insurance plans require.

I suspect that OSCAR will be like SleepyHead in that no "official" government agency will accept compliance reports from anything except "officially sanctioned" proprietary reporting software (ie- ResScan or Encore, etc).

I've never heard of them accepting SleepyHead reports in the past. Of course, that could change in the future, but we're talking about government agencies here, and we all know the speed at which they operate. Cool

If you've had success with submitting SleepyHead compliance reports to the FAA, I'd be interested in hearing about the details of how that happened.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Will Sleepyhead still be available for download?
The short answer is yes.

I'll let SuperSleeper provide the long answer.
(03-08-2019, 05:12 PM)bonjour Wrote: The short answer is yes.

I'll let SuperSleeper provide the long answer.

OK - I'll be waiting.

We'll need to be able to either continue to use SH for our reports or verify that OSCAR can do it.  It does sound like OSCAR is capable, though.

I'd be willing to run some test cases for you with live data from a Dream Station.
The SleepyHead download page is currently at:

https://www.apneaboard.com/sleepyhead

That SH download link is also currently available at the very top of every forum page here as well.

When OSCAR 1.0.0 is released, that SH download link at the top of the forums will be replaced by an official OSCAR download page link (not yet published).

That said, for a long while, BOTH the SH download page and the OSCAR download page will remain in place at their current URLs-- it's just that once OSCAR is released, most of us will be referring folks to the OSCAR download page rather than than the SH download page.

In time, the SleepyHead Download Page will be re-directed to the OSCAR download page, but I don't expect that to happen until SleepyHead becomes more of a distant memory.

Hope that makes sense.   Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

The several posts that deal with OSCAR Compliance Reports have been split off to their own thread, and moved to the Software Support Forum, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ce-Reports

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

I'm presently using SH on a Linux Mint laptop. Its quick and easy to use. I also have Rescan 6 (on a Windows laptop) which I rarely use because it was very un-intuitive for me. Both software requested and obtained thanks to ApneaBoard. If the performance of SH is any indication I'm quite sure the upcoming OSCAR will be even better. Best of luck to the developers and testers. Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 595 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 544 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,821 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 402 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 180 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 234 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.