Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
RE: OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
(03-21-2019, 03:12 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 02:15 PM)nbritton Wrote: Here are some changes I would like to see:
  • You should come up with an algorithm that computes ideal APAP min and max pressure settings. I.g. if the Starting Pressure is 9, the Average Pressure is 9.89, and the 90% Pressure is 11.16, then you can reasonably suggest to the user that having their doctor increasing the minimum pressure to 10 could potentially be helpful. Likewise, for max pressure you can compute an average of the daily max pressures and compute an upper limit of 2 standard deviations above that average as the recommended max pressure setting.

That is not a reasonable start pressure, OSCAR should NOT be making treatment diagnosis and why lower a maximum that the device never hits.

Maybe, just maybe we could do this if we could qualify OSCAR as a certified doctor with a sleep specialty world wide.

No, not going to happen.
(03-21-2019, 02:35 PM)mrnavy2 Wrote: Has OSCAR be released yet?

See here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ws-delayed
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(03-21-2019, 02:15 PM)nbritton Wrote: Here are some changes I would like to see:

You should also track the RDI, which is AHI + Hypopnea + RERA.

Sleepyhead already tracks RDI. Unfortunately it's an either/or situation. You need to change the preferences (and restart the program) to toggle between them.

I would personally like to see both numbers simultaneously displayed. But this may be too confusing for some people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 318 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 116 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,394 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.