Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NOTICE: OSCAR Suggestions
OSCAR Suggestions
In another thread I was asked for where to submit suggestions.
You can feel free to PM me if you wish. But in this thread will work.
Suggestions will be considered, but no guarantee that or when they will be implemented. Most of the suggestions we have seen so far will, IMHO, be implemented.

Anyone that would like to contribute to OSCAR, please PM me (bonjour). We can always use C++ / QT developers, Testers, and Translators for languages we do not yet have covered.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Suggestions
I wrote this in the software section but got no response.  
It would be nice to have with the new version you are working on something similar to what was available in sleepyhead version 0.9.8.  A graph with a table that has the pressures that the events were taking place.  It is something that at a glance one can see exactly how various pressures show different events.  
Thanks for all your hard work Fred.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did the Sleepyhead bug that sometimes erases recent notes when card data is imported get fixed in the OSCAR fork? It was super annoying and made "charting"/keeping sleep notes in SH dicey.

Also, could use a numeric scale in the subjective sleepiness slider in the notes section for repeatability, and the ability to display that data as a graph we can compare to other SH graphs. Is there an existing numeric self-reported quality of sleep scale that could be used as reference?

I'd like to be able to correlate my subjective quality of sleep with the rest of my SH data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I recently moved from the standard Sleepyhead .deb in the distro to 1.1 branch.  I'm not sure how you're going to distribute OSCAR binaries or if you are, but it would be handy to have a ppa for .debs on Linux or perhaps an .AppImage built by travis or gitlab CI.  The latter was what I was trying to get up and going today but settled for a compiled for Ubuntu LTS and stored in a directory (since I know OSCAR is coming).  

A much harder thing I think would be cool would be an exportable HTML version of the daily page.  Just a way to show data to others without it being just a png.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2019, 04:00 PM)jquagga Wrote: Well, I recently moved from the standard Sleepyhead .deb in the distro to 1.1 branch.  I'm not sure how you're going to distribute OSCAR binaries or if you are, but it would be handy to have a ppa for .debs on Linux or perhaps an .AppImage built by travis or gitlab CI.  The latter was what I was trying to get up and going today but settled for a compiled for Ubuntu LTS and stored in a directory (since I know OSCAR is coming). 

I strongly suggest the Appimage for Linux because it 'just runs' on any distribution. Thus, one file is all that is needed. Otherwise you have to make different types of packages for different distros, and it's hard to avoid dependency hell. 

I'm currently using the Appimage for 1.1 on Xubuntu 16.04 and all I had to do to run it was make a shortcut.
Post Reply Post Reply
For those of us who use Res Med machines and try to track FL issues, three requests:

1.  Use a darker gray for the FL graph. When I zoom in, I can barely see the FLs in the SH version I’m using. 

2.  Use a more informative metric than Max, 95%, Median. The median for most people is .00 or .01. The average might be more sensitive to changes. 

3.  Exhibit FL data in the Overview.

Whether or not any of these suggestions can be implemented, I thank everyone working on Oscar!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2019, 10:05 AM)Dormeo Wrote: For those of us who use Res Med machines and try to track FL issues, three requests:

1.  Use a darker gray for the FL graph. When I zoom in, I can barely see the FLs in the SH version I’m using.

You can change the color in SH preferences under the waveform tab. Double click on the color for flow limitations and you get a color picker to customize it. (It might be handy if the color option appeared in the contextual menu for each graph as opposed to just being in the preferences.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for the pointer!  My FLs are now an easy-to-see magenta.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always had problems finding any notes that I have made. The date of the note on my computer turns slightly darker then the others but it still hard to find. If somehow there could be a note log or maybe the date could change a different color, it would make it easier to find.

Thanks, car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the name final? I think there might be some legal issues regarding the word 'analysis' in the name, as it may imply that the software analyses the data and not just 'manages' it or 'displays' or 'reports' it etc. therefore it might be 'misleading' patients that the result in the 'ahi' section is as good as a diagnosis from an accredited institution.

It's something I can imagine a theoretical lawsuit could accuse it of.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 760 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Statistics display suggestions or bug report dr.wise 5 1,015 05-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Idea OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up! A KLERK 103 12,973 09-27-2019, 07:37 AM
Last Post: unidee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.