Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NOTICE: OSCAR Suggestions
RE: OSCAR Suggestions
A note log—great idea!  I’m thinking of a button we could click to see all our notes, sorted by date in reverse chronological order.  Ideally this display could pop out and use a big chunk of the SH window.  A log would be a big help in spotting trends and correlations.  I write notes every day in a little notebook for that purpose, but it’d be much handier to use SH. Er, Oscar!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2019, 04:56 PM)crowtor Wrote: Is the name final? I think there might be some legal issues regarding the word 'analysis' in the name, as it may imply that the software analyses the data and not just 'manages' it or 'displays' or 'reports' it etc. therefore it might be 'misleading' patients that the result in the 'ahi' section is as good as a diagnosis from an accredited institution.

It's something I can imagine a theoretical lawsuit could accuse it of.

Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

As I understand it, with the word Analysis functioning grammatically and syntactically as a noun modifier, OSCAR simply reports the analysis done by your CPAP machine.

No need to
[Image: latest?cb=20180308220019]
Post Reply Post Reply
2 things I mentioned in other threads:

1) A simple, easy to find setting for changing compliance hours from 4 hrs to 6 hrs.

2) Another report option for "12 months" in addition to the 30-60-90 day selections.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also would like to see a better log. Maybe even some kind of scale that can go with each daily log on how rested you feel getting up and a scale on how you felt you performed that day. And then that stuff could be listed or polled to show best days so that you can go back to those days of logs and see what you were doing at that time that worked or made things worse. Like your settings changes, whether you used a chin strap, mouth tape, sleep positional changes, or mask change/use.

Those would be nice to have in one place with an easy to view format.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2019, 08:39 AM)SleepFoo Wrote: I also would like to see a better log. Maybe even some kind of scale that can go with each daily log on how rested you feel getting up and a scale on how you felt you performed that day.

I've been wondering about something like that, having two separate logs for sleepiness. How tired I am when I wake up can be very different than how I feel during the day. But I'm not familiar with how doctors track such things, if they do, other than the more general Epworth Sleepiness Scale, which doesn't really measure overnight quality of sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2019, 04:56 PM)crowtor Wrote: Is the name final?  
Change the name to GUNS.  GUNS Unabashedly Not Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
speaking of alternative name ... may I submit, PDR
for PAP Data Reporter
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the suggestion. The name OSCAR has been locked in for some time now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still thinking about useful data for FLs. I realize I’d most like to know for what percentage of my time on the machine I was having 0 FLs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will OSCAR work with Chromebook? I recently had to change to one of these, and I don't see a way to download SleepyHead to it. I hope OSCAR will work for me.
MikeyT

In the Thumb of Michigan.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 761 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Statistics display suggestions or bug report dr.wise 5 1,019 05-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Idea OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up! A KLERK 103 12,980 09-27-2019, 07:37 AM
Last Post: unidee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.