Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NOTICE: OSCAR Suggestions
RE: OSCAR Suggestions
Short answer, No. A Chromebook doesn't posses the computing power that is required to handle all the calculations required.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  Disappointed, but that's the way it goes.
MikeyT

In the Thumb of Michigan.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I use it more, I'd love to have a useful data export feature from OSCAR.  I'd like to get the data out of Sleepyhead/OSCAR and into grafana so that I can review it and analyze it in a web interface.  Sleepyhead doesn't seem to have been written with the concept of sharing in mind (which is why we're still using png files to show screenshots).  A way to share the data, even if it's an OSCAR format which can be exchanged and reviewed would be a major improvement I'd think.  

I'd like to get to "I export the data, let OSCAR process it and upload it to my webserver and I can review it from anywhere at anytime".  I often want to check my stats when I'm not in front of my PC and I love to get there.  That's obviously not a small project though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2019, 09:33 AM)jquagga Wrote: As I use it more, I'd love to have a useful data export feature from OSCAR.  I'd like to get the data out of Sleepyhead/OSCAR and into grafana so that I can review it and analyze it in a web interface.  Sleepyhead doesn't seem to have been written with the concept of sharing in mind (which is why we're still using png files to show screenshots).  A way to share the data, even if it's an OSCAR format which can be exchanged and reviewed would be a major improvement I'd think.  

I'd like to get to "I export the data, let OSCAR process it and upload it to my webserver and I can review it from anywhere at anytime".  I often want to check my stats when I'm not in front of my PC and I love to get there.  That's obviously not a small project though.

File / Export Data / CSV Export Wizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Will there be a set of release notes that let us know what new features have been added?

How about a list of the planned features?

It would be nice to know which of these suggestions will be in V.1 and which ones are on the list for later releases.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to be a computer programmer- cobol 2 db2 cics - i could be a tester for oscar if you are interested- i have a vpap adapt sv enhanced and wont work with sleepyhead- but maybe could work with oscar- i have used sleepyhead in the past with other machines
Post Reply Post Reply
If anything I think Sleepyhead was a bit to complicated for some, so a simplified version (though it might not be an easy build) just giving results with a simplified explanation would be good.
It can be seen on the board that some find it not easy to interpenetrate their results from the chart(s) though these are good for others that want to study the graphs.
Maybe a simplified block type graph might be better for some as well, however, these can be added to later versions after it is up and running.
Or, another version can be downloaded.

Just a thought, this might help others get into checking their own results.
[url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum][/url]
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, this would help: please set the default chart display to match the advice that is always given on how to set up SH for sharing charts here on the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Simplification is on the list of enhancements. Exactly what and how is TBD, but it is on the list.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want that language selection is a setting, not in profile. Now when I send screenshots to Apnea Board I want switch language from finnish to english and after it back to finnish. Now it's not possible. I didn't find language selection. I remember that it is in profile.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 817 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Statistics display suggestions or bug report dr.wise 5 1,047 05-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Idea OSCAR is born, here your wishes, suggestions and heads-up! A KLERK 103 13,452 09-27-2019, 07:37 AM
Last Post: unidee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.