Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NOTICE: OSCAR and Donations
OSCAR and Donations
Every now and then I'm asked about donations for OSCAR.  The truth is that at this time, we don't have a great need.  OSCAR is developed by CPAP users for CPAP users out of a strong desire to help the CPAP community.  Our biggest expense is the cost of the forum OSCAR developers use for communication and the server bandwidth cost which allows our users to access the software.  These have been generously provided for us by Apnea Board.  We have absolutely no profit motive. If you are inclined to donate I suggest you donate to Apnea Board (https://www.apneaboard.com/donate.htm) with a small note that you are doing so to support OSCAR.

Thanks for your support.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR and Donations
And, thank YOU, bonjour and all the developers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello.

I am just curious.  I noticed a statement that Apneaboard.com is NOT registered as a 501 c 3.  Why would this be if it is ok to ask?

Thank you,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can tell you from personal experience that being granted a 501.c(3) status is a lot more difficult than doing so as a 501.c(7).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks bonjour.  I was just wondering.  I started a 501 c 3 many years ago.  When I first thought about doing it the paperwork was daunting.  However, the government changed the application and it was like 2 pages or so long instead of the million it was before.

I'll have to look up what a 501 c 7 is but if it works for the purposes of this board, fabulous!

Regards,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2020, 05:38 PM)Plmnb Wrote: Hello.

I am just curious.  I noticed a statement that Apneaboard.com is NOT registered as a 501 c 3.  Why would this be if it is ok to ask?

Thank you,
Plmnb

Let me say Apnea Board is a separate entity from OSCAR, and the costs of providing the server, storage, bandwidth and other matters are supported by individual donation.  The need to off-load some of the burden from Supersleeper cannot be overstated, and while OSCAR is a volunteer organization that is not currently seeking funding, Apnea Board is the entity that supports OSCAR, providing developers a place to discuss issues, priorities and development strategy, as well as server support to distribute the free software, and it (Apnea Board) does need support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information NOTICE: Regarding Donations to Apnea Board SuperSleeper 0 805 07-17-2020, 02:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Donations stanleydean 0 1,085 05-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post: stanleydean
  Mask Donations? jmayer180 2 1,209 03-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.