Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR is Released and Live
OSCAR is Released and Live
SuperSleeper Wrote:ADMIN NOTE:  If you are having an issue installing or running OSCAR on your computer, please start a new thread in the Software Support Forum to get help.  But before you start that thread, please read THIS POST on things to consider before asking for help.

OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

OSCAR is Born!  Here is what you have been waiting for.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

After much effort, we are at the point that the real work can begin.

Some of the Changes and fixes in OSCAR v1.0.0
  • Clean up odds and ends 
  • Picked up the latest translation files 
  • Fixed filename creation for about OSCAR docs 
  • Removed display of I:E ratio from Daily page 
  • Use Maximize (with frame & menu) instead of FullScreen 
  • Change Mac target platform to OS-X 10.12 Sierra 
  • Added a progress bar during file migration 
  • Raise the main window upon opening it 
  • Moved the Help Index to a user writable location 
  • Clarified folder selection and Migration messages 
  • Added code to migrate an old data directory to a new data directory 
  • Various fixes to tab and button visibility depending on profile and machine data presence. 
  • The Daily page left panel will resize to a smaller size. 
  • Oximeter import reports file errors in a message box 
  • Fixed date and time problems with Oximeter import 
  • Added support for new CMS50D+ firmware version 4.6 
  • Reformatted the 'No Data' display on the Statistics page 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR is Released and Live
A big CONGRATULATIONS to all the OSCAR team members!

Well-done

Just a suggestion to those who help others on the forum here:

If you have an old link to the SleepyHead download page in your forum signature, you may wish to change it to the new OSCAR download page.  Click HERE to edit your forum signature, and when you're done editing it, don't forget to scroll down and click on "Update Signature" to save your edits.

As Fred posted above, the OSCAR Download Page is at:

https://www.SleepFiles.com/OSCAR

When you post the URL to the OSCAR download page, please make sure it's exactly like the URL above, including the "s" in "https" and the "www" in front of SleepFiles.com.  The "OSCAR" part should be in all CAPS also.

Also, just like we did with SleepyHead, when you put a hashtag (#) in front of the word OSCAR, the forum software will automatically make a hyperlink to the OSCAR download site, like this:

Quote: Wrote:Hi, I'd recommend you download and use the OSCAR software so you can post charts to the forum.

[Image: thanks.gif]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just downloaded OSCAR... downloading, installing and migrating SleepyHead data was very simple... it picked up all old data and all my preferences and settings... it looks great... thank you to all involved in bringing OSCAR to fruition
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe setting up a crash report summary after a crash happens that gathers basic pc hardware/software info would be the proper way forward. It doesn't have to automatically send it to the dev team, but a copy/paste on the oscar bugs forum type of thing.

As a side note, windows 10 automatically blocked the install file even though i got admin rights so i had to manually allow the installation, if you apply for a windows certification that should solve the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have issues with installing or using OSCAR, please post a message in the Software forum area and someone can look at the issue. Otherwise, it might get lost here or in the main forum area.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Car54, I've moved your posts to this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...mmary-data
Post Reply Post Reply
Sa far, I have downloaded the programme successfully and I have migrated over my data.

I, too, had to tell Win10 to load the installation anyway, but it worked fine after that unexpected glitch.

What didn't go fully well was the data migration.  When I went to look at 'details', which should show the last downloaded daily report, I found that it only went to about the 23rd March.

I will insert the SD card later today and report what happens.  I have yet to read my card with OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations and deep thanks to all involved! This will be a wonderful service to the community, helping countless people toward successful therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Other than Windows 10 cautioning me about installing the program from some unknown villain, cough, source, installation went smoothly, migration worked, and the program is working fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I downloaded v1.0.0-beta-8 and migrated my Sleephead data with plans to participate in testing until life got in the way. Do I need to uninstall that version and delete the migrated OSCAR files before installing the new version?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,596 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,401 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320
  Bleep Eclipse Magnets--Will the Eclipse Be Released Steptoe 1 1,060 09-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  New CPAP user: are mask leaks/adjustments just something you have to live with? theredheadsaid 3 716 08-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: lindylou
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 14 6,494 04-29-2022, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released Gideon 0 5,770 10-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [News] ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED srlevine1 10 2,577 07-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.