Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR is Released and Live
RE: OSCAR is Released and Live
Melman you should be able to install over the top of your existing installation. Let us know if it doesn't work Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR version 1.0.1 is now available from the OSCAR download page (link at the top of every forum page).

A note on the download page from Fred Bonjour:

Quote:Why a patch on Day 1? We inherited an issue from SleepyHead v1.1.0 where the code was not managing resources correctly for multithreading.
This patch simply turns off multithreading, at least until the root cause is specifically identified. Then it will be evaluated as to whether to add it back in or not.

OSCAR v1.0.1 may be installed directly over OSCAR v1.0.0
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Once OSCAR is installed, can we delete Sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very excited.  I am not particularly techy but I downloaded OSCAR 1.0.1 with no difficulty onto my Mac, and it seamlessly imported all my Sleepyhead data (2 years worth) into the new format.  I was pleasantly surprised.
Now if I could only truly understand all of the parameters!  I’m working on that. Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2019, 03:19 AM)vroomvroom Wrote: Once OSCAR is installed, can we delete Sleepyhead?

You can, but I'm not going to for a little while. I want to keep an eye on the results from both systems to see if there are any discrepancies to report back to the development team. But otherwise, Yes - SleepyHead can now be deleted.
Post Reply Post Reply
SH 1.1.0, which as I understand it is for all intents and purposes is OSCAR r-2, hasn't worked just right with my resmed asv. although it looks like the primary issue I had with SH 1.1.0 isn't an issue in OSCAR, for a while I plan to use both OSCAR for testing purposes and SH 1.00 beta2 broken gl that I know works pretty well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried to install OSCAR 1.0.1 on an iMac running EL Capitan (10.11.6). I got the message that I needed to be on OS 10.12 or greater. As a note, I could not find any reference on the website specifying the minimum Mac OS requirements. Following the link in the WIki article for Installing on Apple Macs also had no reference to the minimum OS.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2019, 11:04 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Tried to install OSCAR 1.0.1 on an iMac running EL Capitan (10.11.6). I got the message that I needed to be on OS 10.12 or greater. As a note, I could not find any reference on the website specifying the minimum Mac OS requirements. Following the link in the WIki article for Installing on Apple Macs also had no reference to the minimum OS.

You probably missed it--- Minimum OS is listed (MacOSX 10.12+), right there on the OSCAR download page above the Apple logo.  Here's a copy:

Quote:
MacOSX 10.12+
[Image: mac.png]
OSCAR-1.0.1-MacOS
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Homerec130 Wrote:Following the link in the WIki article for Installing on Apple Macs also had no reference to the minimum OS.

I've updated the wiki to make this clear. Thanks for the feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many, many thanks!

It builds from source just fine (on my Gentoo system).
And above all, it recognizes my new Dreamstation AUTOPAP machine.

Helmut.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,596 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,402 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320
  Bleep Eclipse Magnets--Will the Eclipse Be Released Steptoe 1 1,060 09-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  New CPAP user: are mask leaks/adjustments just something you have to live with? theredheadsaid 3 717 08-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: lindylou
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 14 6,494 04-29-2022, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released Gideon 0 5,770 10-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [News] ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED srlevine1 10 2,577 07-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.