Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR is Released and Live
RE: OSCAR is Released and Live
I have been out of the loop for a while not getting to visit this forum. Am I understanding that sleepyhead is no more and this is replacing it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2019, 10:51 PM)Robert121571 Wrote: I have been out of the loop for a while not getting to visit this forum. Am I understanding that sleepyhead is no more and this is replacing it.

Correct.  JediMark stated in early February of this year that the SleepyHead project has shut down and that no further development will take place.  Therefore, the OSCAR  team formally established a legal fork of the now-closed SleepyHead project on GitLab with GPL(3) Open Source Licensing.

OSCAR development is a huge leap forward in terms of cooperation and effort amongst several developers and testers... a system of cooperative development has emerged that does not put stumbling blocks in people's way, or hinder folks who only want to help the project, which, unfortunately, was the way things had been run with SleepyHead development work for several years.

The OSCAR team's progress has been a wonderful thing to watch and observe.  Great bunch of people (now 56 in number) who truly want to serve and help fellow sleep apnea patients... but without all the "drama" and without the divisive spirit that the SleepyHead project's author brought to the table.  That's the unfortunate facts, and that's why OSCAR had to be created (to break free of the relentless negativity created by someone who lashed out and falsely accused nearly everyone who tried to help the project move forward).

I wish everyone could see the great spirit, hard work, and dedication that the whole team of folks working on OSCAR have demonstrated.   It's exciting and refreshing to watch, and I know we'll see greater things from the OSCAR team in the future.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use Windows. I downloaded OSCAR, it found the Sleepyhead data files. Then it stopped. It say OSCAR closed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm trying to offer information about OSCAR discrepancies.  I'm sorry I sound negative much of the time.  I was a Quality Engineer for the last years of my so called career and Quality Engineering is still in my blood (especially watching for discrepancies -- I can't help myself).  I offer the following OSCAR discrepancies (I've probably mentioned them before but I feel they are serious):

I slept through the noon hour last "night" (not uncommon for me) and this is what happened.  I would expect many folks who work at night will frequently sleep through the noon hour and this will happen to them because of OSCARs non-adjustable noon time day division (blame it on ResMed).

1) SH: I had to view only one screen of last night's sleep session using SH (1st attachment).  The SH screen display is correct as far as I can determine;

2) OSCAR: I had to open 2 screens to view all of last night's sleep session using OSCAR (2nd and 3rd attachments).  The 2nd screen displays last night's sleep time up until noon and also included 4 minutes from the previous night's sleep session.  The 3rd screen displays sleep time from noon onward until I awoke.

I realize I can 'turn off' the previous 4 minute inclusion but that should not be necessary (it shouldn't be there).

FYI,
Carl / Tubaman

p.s. OSCAR development team volunteer?  I have programming experience (as I've previously mentioned) a touch of MASM (only 8 bit p.c., Microsoft), Fortran (RTE-A, Unix), C++ (Borland) and a touch of GWBasic (Microsoft).  I was strongest in Fortran and C++ next.  I haven't offered to help in OSCAR's team because I feel these are all 'dinosaurs' in the current programming world.  Please let me know if I am incorrect in this crass assumption and could possibly help in the OSCAR development group.  I am willing to try...?
Thank you!, Carl

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2019, 07:43 PM)Tubaman Wrote: p.s. OSCAR development team volunteer?  I have programming experience (as I've previously mentioned) a touch of MASM (only 8 bit p.c., Microsoft), Fortran (RTE-A, Unix), C++ (Borland) and a touch of GWBasic (Microsoft).  I was strongest in Fortran and C++ next.  I haven't offered to help in OSCAR's team because I feel these are all 'dinosaurs' in the current programming world.  Please let me know if I am incorrect in this crass assumption and could possibly help in the OSCAR development group.  I am willing to try...?
Thank you!, Carl

Carl, send Fred Bonjour a PM (click here) if you're interested in joining the OSCAR development team, or be a beta tester.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
SS I just added Tubaman to the OSCAR Development AST team
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not really sure where to post this so hopefully this is the right place. If not I apologize and point me to the right thread.

This is the second night, although not in a row, that I've had no data to graph. MyAir does show some data sooooo, not sure what's going on. If you want any other information just let me know what you need.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2019, 02:32 PM)Haroldsdrifting Wrote: I'm not really sure where to post this so hopefully this is the right place. If not I apologize and point me to the right thread.

This is the second night, although not in a row, that I've had no data to graph. MyAir does show some data sooooo, not sure what's going on. If you want any other information just let me know what you need.

Do you have the SD card in the machine whilst sleeping ? Without the card in the machine summary only data is availiable
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes of course the card is in the machine. How else would I have anything to import into OSCAR?

It reads the files, imports something from the sd card but then tells me there’s no data to chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR seems to read my Sleepyhead files., and then closes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,762 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,476 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320
  Bleep Eclipse Magnets--Will the Eclipse Be Released Steptoe 1 1,096 09-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  New CPAP user: are mask leaks/adjustments just something you have to live with? theredheadsaid 3 732 08-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: lindylou
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 14 6,543 04-29-2022, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released Gideon 0 5,819 10-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [News] ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED srlevine1 10 2,649 07-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.