Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR is Released and Live
RE: OSCAR is Released and Live
Transition to OSCAR from an old, old version of Sleepyhead was very easy.
OSCAR works much better for me.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

My compliments to everyone who worked on the Sleepyhead to OSCAR upgrade. I just installed the Mac version this morning and everything went super smoothly. My Sleepyhead data was imported, the interface is familiar and clean. Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
Any thoughts on viability of importing Airmini data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Would love to but. ....

OSCAR only uses physical media
We would have to intercept what is essentially a telephone call that is sent via cellular. I believe that would be illegal.
We would then have to decide the data
Finally, there would need to be more than summary data present.

In short, very unlikely.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't checked on sleepyhead in awhile since support stopped earlier this year, but glad to hear development on a new project is at hand. I will definitely try out OSCAR when I get home.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just installed OSCAR (on my Win7 desktop) and it works (mostly) great!  Installation was very smooth and the data migration from SH was impressive.

OSCAR will not accurately display my %SpO2 oximeter data.  I've attached my %SpO2 chart from the oximeter's data and what wound up in OSCAR's graphs (FYI).  The time scale is messed up as can be seen (data displayed @ ~0320 to ~0426 -- should end @ ~0947).  At least it's nowhere near as messed up as SH was.

Please note the blocked out areas on the oximeter's chart are manually inserted/edited at startup, ending and sandbox visits.  They are not included in the data that was uploaded into OSCAR.

My pulse oximeter is a CMS50I which should be compatible.  I uploaded the data using OSCAR's wizard and the upload worked smoothly.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
Carl / Tubaman

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
If using the "I" model and you stop it each time a you make a trip to the head, it will have a different session number when you resume it. You will need to import each session that coincides with that night's sleep.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the "I" model.  I start it when I go to bed and stop it when I get up.  I do not start and stop it anytime in between.  It is one continuous stretch -- in this case from 0319.40 to 0947.16 (to be exact).

The blanked out areas I manually create on my computer when editing the charts the "SpO2 Assistant" utility creates.  I use the "SpO2 Assistant" software to add the blanked areas to the oximeter's charts to try to get the most accurate data calculations for the data summaries included with the charts.

The data I uploaded to OSCAR has no starts and stops (other than beginning and end as I mentioned above).  The beginning (0319.40) and end (0947.16) are as close to the OSCAR beginning (0319.46) and end (0946.34) as I am able to get / synchronize.

Thank you!
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
New problem with OSCAR.  Probably because of my weird sleep patterns OSCAR will not import today's sleep data.  I've changed nothing in OSCAR.  I have SH set to divide my days @ 1500 in my profile settings.  OSCAR does not have this setting for Resmed machines.  Maybe this has something to do with this problem...?

I've attached SH's and OSCAR's most recent data displays for today (SH on the left, OSCAR on the right).  You can see the difference.  OSCAR and SH both import from my drive E:\SLEEPDATA folder.  OSCAR worked great until I took a 4 hour nap yesterday.  SH handled it correctly but OSCAR is ignoring last night's data completely when I try to import it and only showing yesterday's nap.

Am I doing something wrong?  Maybe there's a setting in OSCAR that I should change?  Please let me know since I often have strange sleep times like this one.

Summary:
SH is correct for today.  OSCAR is showing my yesterday's nap (only) and won't show this morning's sleep session.  SH attached my nap to yesterday's session (as it should since my nap started before 1500 yesterday, SH's daily divider setting).  If you wish, I can show the SH display for yesterday which includes the nap (let me know).

Ref: I am running WIN7 and using FlashPAP to download my data (incidentally FlashPAP is working fine now that I've fixed my router channel settings).
Thank you!
Carl / Tubaman

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2019, 12:52 PM)Tubaman Wrote: New problem with OSCAR.  Probably because of my weird sleep patterns OSCAR will not import today's sleep data.  I've changed nothing in OSCAR.  I have SH set to divide my days @ 1500 in my profile settings.  OSCAR does not have this setting for Resmed machines.  Maybe this has something to do with this problem...?

I've attached SH's and OSCAR's most recent data displays for today (SH on the left, OSCAR on the right).  You can see the difference.  OSCAR and SH both import from my drive E:\SLEEPDATA folder.  OSCAR worked great until I took a 4 hour nap yesterday.  SH handled it correctly but OSCAR is ignoring last night's data completely when I try to import it and only showing yesterday's nap.

Am I doing something wrong?  Maybe there's a setting in OSCAR that I should change?  Please let me know since I often have strange sleep times like this one.

Summary:
SH is correct for today.  OSCAR is showing my yesterday's nap (only) and won't show this morning's sleep session.  SH attached my nap to yesterday's session (as it should since my nap started before 1500 yesterday, SH's daily divider setting).  If you wish, I can show the SH display for yesterday which includes the nap (let me know).

Ref: I am running WIN7 and using FlashPAP to download my data (incidentally FlashPAP is working fine now that I've fixed my router channel settings).
Thank you!
Carl / Tubaman

Was last night's sleep data imported in two different import sessions?  Try deleting today's sleep data in OSCAR (Data/Advanced/Purge Selected Day) and import it again.  

I notice that SH and OSCAR appear to be reporting as if in different time zones.  Is one of them correct?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,747 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,463 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320
  Bleep Eclipse Magnets--Will the Eclipse Be Released Steptoe 1 1,092 09-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  New CPAP user: are mask leaks/adjustments just something you have to live with? theredheadsaid 3 728 08-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: lindylou
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 14 6,539 04-29-2022, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released Gideon 0 5,808 10-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [News] ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED srlevine1 10 2,642 07-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.