Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.64%
117 41.64%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.63%
13 4.63%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.57%
55 19.57%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
3.91%
11 3.91%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.83%
22 7.83%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.73%
47 16.73%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.36%
1 0.36%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.34%
15 5.34%
Total 281 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
Progress Report through January 2023
[Image: attachment.php?aid=47577]
We had a lot of respondents in January. Many thanks...
[Image: 5.gif]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
6/24/2021 Registered Dreamstation 1 at Philips recall patient portal.

No significant news for 18 months. Continued to use my old one. Have not developed gills or other obvious related outward problems.

1/21/2023 Read about the auto option on Apnea board (thank you Apneaboard!). Philips patient portal showed the "Prescription Needed" message. I  was able to elect the auto cpap. 

1/30/2023 out of the blue, a FedEx text, 2.9 lb package "on the way" from Respironics. Expect delivery 2/1/2023.

2/1/2023 Philips sent an email: "shipped"

2/2/2023 FedEx delivered a refurb Dreamstation 1 body, no humidifier or power supply. Looks fine. Blue sticker on the bottom "Recertified device." Will try setting my own pressure. If that doesn’t work, will take to my local DME for help.

Good luck to all who haven’t received their replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally got to vote in the poll.

Got an email this morning that my dad's replacement and my replacement were shipped via FedEx.  Went to track the number and they were already "out for delivery" (same day that I got the shipping notice). 

Anyway, FedEx visited us both and we have now received brand new DS2 machines.   Dancing

I'm probably going to stick with my AirSense 10 for now, though.  Much better machine, IMHO.  I'll use the DS2 as backup.

I did log into the site a couple of weeks ago and chose the "send me an auto and I'll set it up" option that recently became available. That probably sped things up quite a bit.

Registered both machines in mid-November 2021, received both today Feb 2, 2023.  So about 14 months time from start to finish.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Today I received a new DS2 to replace my System One (registered 8-30-2021).
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems that Philips is stepping up their game as far as replacement DS2 autos....

I've been receiving a lot more email requests for the DreamStation 2 Clinician Setup manuals lately.  Usually get about 1 or 2 DS2 requests per day, and this past week it's been closer to 15-20 DS2 requests per day.

Can't be that more people are buying them, because hardly anyone has them in stock.  Must be the Philips-supplied recall replacements being shipped out.

If you need a copy of the Clinician Setup manual for your DreamStation 2, follow the email instructions here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...manual#ASK

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
SuperSleeper,

I have what is called the 'Provider Training Guide' PDF for the DS2 that I found with a Google search. Is the 'Clinician Setup manual' different and more detailed/complete?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2023, 01:54 PM)StratCat48 Wrote: I have what is called the 'Provider Training Guide' PDF for the DS2 that I found with a Google search. Is the 'Clinician Setup manual' different and more detailed/complete?

We're currently distributing 3 separate Guides for the DreamStation 2 machines when you request a manual via email:

1. A Provider FAQ Guide
2. A Provider Guide
3. A Provider Training Guide

Each of them has a little bit different info, so we're including them all.  To get these, ask for the DS2 Setup Manuals by following the email directions here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...manual#ASK

If you simply need basic instructions (with pictures) on how to enter the Clinician Setup mode, see here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-...structions

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Philips sent me a REFURB dsx500 in replacement for my old dsx400 (which i own outright) 

I was checking the portal every so often since registering, until i gave up and called. They finally said i needed a scrip to replace it. 

I got the scrip in December, and faxed it in. 

I heard nothing back. Until one day in January, the portal had me answer a survey- since they 'didn't have my scrip ... do i want an auto unit instead?'

I clicked 'yes'

3 weeks later, the box showed up. 

The replacement unit has over 7000 hours on it, but the blower shows 0

My old unit only had about 1500 hours because i bought a ds go auto a while back, and use it as my primary unit

They said they don't have any idea when they are getting around to replacing the GO models. 

I'm kinda annoyed about that. I paid good out of pocket $ for it. 

I still use it daily... It's never seen ozone. They said it should be fine. I use the super fine filter and replace it frequently 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2023, 05:52 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Finally got to vote in the poll.

Woo-hoo - same here!

Machine 1 of 3 has been replaced.

My Dreamstation 1, purchased in February 2019, was replaced with a reconditioned DS1 head unit yesterday (2023-02-04). The reconditioned machine has ~7500 machine hours, and was manufactured on 2019-12-13.

I'm expecting delivery of another replacement machine tomorrow for my System One. 

Still in the land of "I don't know" is the replacement for the Dreamstation Go.

All three (3) machines were registered on the day the recall opened (2021-06-17). About 2-3 weeks ago I opted for the "give me an APAP" choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Evidently I can't vote again, but for reference my second vote would be: DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)

-----------------------------------
Machine 2 of 3 has been replaced.

My System One, purchased in August 2011, was replaced with a new Dreamstation 2 (non-heated-tubing) today (2023-02-08). The new machine was manufactured on 2022-12-21.

It took FedEx three tries to deliver this package, and even though it was shipped at the same time as my DS1 replacement, it got here 4 days later.

Still in the land of "I don't know" is the replacement for the Dreamstation Go. My preference would be for a NEW DS Go. If Philips decides not to produce new ones, then my next preference would be for me to be able to send it in to Philips for "refurbishment/renewal".

All three (3) machines were registered on the day the recall opened (2021-06-17). About 2-3 weeks ago I opted for the "give me an APAP" choice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,856 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,389 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,828 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.